Connect with us


Senator Ali Wakili (APC-Bauchi South) on Thursday opposed the removal of Senator Abdullahi Adamu (APC-Nasarawa West) as Chairman of the Northern Senators Forum (NSF) without the general knowledge of its members.

Shortly before plenary was adjourned on Wednesday, Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, who presided over the session, read a letter from the NSF signed by the Public Relations Officer, Senator Dino Melaye, announcing the sacking of Adamu.

The letter read: “This is to inform the Senate that the majority signatories of members of the Northern Senators Forum have removed Senator Abdullahi Adamu as Chairman of the Northern Senators Forum for financial mismanagement and maladministration. We announce his replacement with Senator Aliyu Wamakko immediately. Find the attached names and signatories of members.”

Wakili, who raised a point of order at the plenary on Thursday, said there was no meeting by members of the forum where they collectively agreed to sack Adamu as caucus leader.

He said: “I was not here yesterday but I saw it in the papers and over the television when you announced the removal of Senator Abdullahi Adamu as the leader of the Northern Senators Forum.

“I come from the North and I am an active member of the Northern Senators Forum. At no time have we met and put to question any of the leaders of the Northern Senators Forum.

“It was brought to this place and it was announced and some of our colleagues went to the Press Centre and made statements that referred to some of us as monkeys. We are taking this political brinkmanship beyond the level we are supposed to take it. We are supposed to be wise men.

“The fact that I am not privy and the fact that the northern senators forum was dragged my privilege has been breached because nobody called me for a meeting. Senator Barau Jibrin, secretary of the forum, had never called a meeting. Senator Dino Melaye, the public relations officer of the forum, had never called for a meeting.

“When the announcement was made and the press statement, the spokesman for the Senate led some senators to the Press Centre to make some of these bombastic statements. By this, I want to say that my privilege has been breached because my constituents and other concerned northerners have also expressed their disgust, that why are we trying to destroy our leadership. I want the Senate to take judicial note of what I am saying.”

BIG STORY

[VIDEO] Herdsmen Kill Bus Conductor In Lagos Over Cow’s Death

Published

on

Persons identified as herdsmen have stabbed a bus conductor to death for killing a cow in Lagos.

This happened in the early hours of Monday and became public in a viral video from the scene of the accident.

According to one of the videos making rounds on social media platforms, the incident occurred at Mowo on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, close to President Muhammadu Buhari Estate.

The commentator in the video said the bus conductor, who fled after the accident that led to the death of the cow, was killed close to a police checkpoint.

The driver, who was said to be heading to Badagry from Mile 12, was said to have fled as soon as he sensed danger.

This made the herdsmen go after the conductor of the bus with registration number: FKJ 756 XH.

Continue Reading

NEWS

BREAKING: Justice Olukayode Ariwoola Sworn-In As Acting CJN [PHOTOS]

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has sworn-in Justice Olukayode Ariwoola as the new Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), in an acting capacity.

Justice Ariwoola was officially sworn in by the president on Monday afternoon, following the sudden resignation of Justice Tanko Muhammad from the Judicial position.

It was gathered that Justice Muhammad was forced to resign over the weekend, although the information in the public space is that he’s quitting on health grounds.

Recall that last week, a letter was written by 14 justices of the supreme court accusing him of abandoning his responsibility as the leader of the court leaked.

The judges also accused the CJN of going on foreign trips with his family while denying them the right to go on international training.

It was gathered that there was a memo from the judges to the presidency, highlighting all of the CJN’s financial dealings, and threatening that they would stop sitting from September if he is not removed.

Ariwoola, the new CJN was the next-highest ranking justice of the supreme court after Muhammad.

He is billed to leave the Judicial service in 2028.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Sunday Igboho Recounts DSS Attack, Says ‘It’s War, Their Intention Was To Eliminate Me’

Published

on

Popular Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho has recounted his encounter with the Department of States Services (DSS) during a raid on his residence in 2021.

On the 1st of July, 2021, the DSS raided Igboho’s residence in Ibadan, Oyo State, arrested 13 of his aides, and allegedly killed two others. The arrested aides were arraigned before the court but later granted bail by a Federal High Court.

According to the agitator who is currently in the Benin Republic, the intention of the security men was to eliminate him.

Igboho who spoke to journalists in Cotonou on Friday said he deliberately escaped the attack to prevent his aides and loyalists living inside the building from being killed.

“They cordoned off my house and started shooting. Some of them were strategically positioned on the street that leads to my house from Soka Road,” he said.

“They shot and forced their way into my premises, shooting sporadically in an encounter that lasted for more than one hour. It was a war and their intention was to kill me. It was God that saved me. Residents of Soka, most especially my neighbours, were gripped with fear.

“My uncle, who was a Muslim, observing prayer was shot dead right on his praying mat. Another close aide of mine was shot dead.”

He, however, said that despite his travails, the agitation for the actualization of the Yoruba nation was intact.

He added that he would soon return to Nigeria after his long sojourn in the Benin Republic.

Igboho noted that he was not scared of being arrested by operatives of the Department of State Services upon his return to Nigeria as he believes in the judiciary.

“I am going back to Nigeria soon,” he said in a recent interview.

In September 2021, an Oyo State High Court granted a relief sought by Igboho and ordered the Nigerian government to pay him N20 billion.

“I am going back to Nigeria soon.” He added, “I believe in the judiciary.”

Continue Reading

Most Popular