Warning: Undefined array key "slug" in /home/porsch10/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme-json.php on line 2102

Warning: Undefined array key "slug" in /home/porsch10/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme-json.php on line 2102

Warning: Undefined array key "slug" in /home/porsch10/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme-json.php on line 2102
Kenneth Okonkwo Dumps Labour Party, Parts Ways With Peter Obi, Says He Lacks Boldness And Integrity To Confront Nigeria’s Enemies - PorscheClassy Media
Connect with us


BIG STORY

Kenneth Okonkwo Dumps Labour Party, Parts Ways With Peter Obi, Says He Lacks Boldness And Integrity To Confront Nigeria’s Enemies

Published

on

Kenneth Okonkwo, the erstwhile spokesperson for the Labour Party’s presidential campaign council, has officially resigned from the party.

Additionally, he has severed ties with Peter Obi, the former Labour Party presidential candidate, with whom he had been closely associated.

In a statement titled “Political Journey to a Great Nigeria,” which he shared on his social media platforms on Saturday, Okonkwo cited his disappointment with the party’s internal crisis and the failure of its former presidential candidate, Peter Obi, to address it.

Okonkwo expressed his commitment to a great Nigeria built on equity, justice, and fairness, but stated that the current political parties, including the Labour Party, do not have what it takes to lead the country to greatness.

He said, “I am committed, irreversibly, to a great Nigeria built on equity, justice, and fairness, where every citizen will be free and able to aspire to any position or level in life without regard to primordial sentiments built around ethnicity, religion, sex, or circumstances of birth.”

“It’s obvious that the APC or PDP, as presently constituted, do not have what it takes to lead us to a great Nigeria. Indeed, their combined leadership is trying to cripple Nigeria as this blessed country is now down economically, politically, and in every other index, leaving the people with no other option than to protest for their survival. They can see no hope for the future.

“Unfortunately, by our Constitution, we need a solid political party with a solid grassroots base to be able to wrestle power from these kakistocrats and kleptocrats. We, therefore, need a decisive leader who will be able to build such a party of integrity and character from the grassroots because, eventually, the majority of the people that will populate a government will proceed from the political party of the leader.”

He likened a party to a political tree that produces the leadership cadre in government, stating that a corrupt tree cannot produce good fruits regardless of the leader’s integrity and intentions.

He attributed Nigeria’s problems to a lack of internal democracy within parties, which leads to the emergence of incompetent and corrupt leaders in government.

He emphasised the need for a decisive leader who can build a party of integrity and character from the grassroots.

“We also need a decisive leader who will be selfless enough, in boldness and bravery, to secure our victory, when the people vote for such a leader because these corrupt and incompetent leaders are not willing to conduct free and fair elections and will always grab, snatch power from any weak and indecisive leader, and run away with it. Our judiciary has not proved to be equal to the task of preventing the emergence of electoral bandits who steal electoral victories at gunpoint in the public glare of everyone.

“I am earnestly searching for such a leader who has the integrity and also the commensurate charisma and bravery to mobilise the people to sustain victory if Nigeria votes for such a person. The time for calm down is over.”

Okonkwo recalled the struggle to liberate Nigeria from corrupt leaders in 2023, only for the victory to be stolen. He expressed scepticism that the judiciary will deliver democracy due to judicial abuse, urging people to take control of their destiny by voting for the right president and ensuring that person is sworn in.

He also stressed the need for a decisive leader to stop the current suffering and prevent these leaders from remaining in power beyond 2027.

Okonkwo added that the current situation in the Labour Party has motivated him to pursue a new political direction, adding that after the 2023 general election, many Nigerians, including himself, had high hopes for the Labour Party.

Okonkwo said he believed Peter Obi had the potential to build a strong, integrity-driven party capable of overthrowing corrupt leaders but needed to provide the right directives, and everyone would follow.

Okonkwo said, “I received my first shock when he publicly declared that he didn’t promise Nigerians to build a strong Labour Party, but to solve Nigeria’s problems. I was like, does it mean HE Peter Obi is not aware that without a solid party base, we are heading nowhere politically? However, I continued in his defence believing he would still privately bring the needed solution to LP’s problems. To no avail.

“PO also publicly demanded that the Abure-led National Working Committee must organise an all-inclusive convention that will guarantee the participation of all members of the Labour Party in the choice of their leaders. This didn’t happen, and surprisingly, PO refused to disassociate himself from the shenanigans and criminal activities of the former NWC as their time had expired.”

Okonkwo said that every member of the Labour Party is confused about the party’s future due to a lack of leadership from Peter Obi. He admitted that when members look to him for guidance on Obi’s standpoint, he has nothing to say because he is unaware.

Okonkwo added that he cannot continue to speak on behalf of a leader whose stance on important issues is unknown to him, as he does not know how to manipulate facts.

He added, “I am shocked that PO could not openly support the noble efforts of the Labour Unions who founded the Labour Party as a base to fight for the welfare of workers to the extent that some of them are openly saying that PO is now the problem of LP. The Labour Unions now have an unfortunate situation where they are fighting criminals who want to hijack their party when an ordinary statement from Peter Obi would have brought the solution. I cannot continue with this ambivalence forever.

“I am of course in full support of the Labour Unions and other stakeholders who are now compelled to fight for the soul of LP without the support of PO.

“However, the consequence is that I no longer have the confidence that PO has what it takes to build a party that can win against these kakistocrats and kleptocrats, and above all, he has proved that even if the people vote for him, he doesn’t have what it takes to secure the mandate. I don’t intend to embark on such a campaign as we did in 2023, projecting a person who cannot sustain the victory even if he wins.

“It’s in this regard that I have decided to continue my political journey into the great Nigeria of our vision without Peter Obi. I am always 100% loyal to a leader whenever I am working or following the leader. At any time I have doubts within me that I can no longer offer 100% loyalty to him, I will respectfully let everyone know. When I joined his campaign, I made it public; now that I cannot guarantee my support for his future political aspirations, I believe I owe it to everyone to let them know.”

Okonkwo said the decision to leave the Labour Party has nothing to do with joining the APC or PDP, as he remains committed to the Nigerian people and their aspirations for a better Nigeria.

He also noted that his decision to distance himself from Peter Obi is based on principles, not personal reasons, as he seeks a decisive, bold leader with integrity to confront corrupt leaders.

Okonkwo declared that he is free to negotiate and consult with like-minded individuals to determine the next step in their political journey, stressing that this will not involve joining the APC or PDP for now but may include consolidating the Labour Party.

Okonkwo stated that Nigeria must regain its greatness despite opposition from corrupt leaders. He emphasised that protest is a democratic right and should not be prevented, urging protesters to remain peaceful.

Okonkwo called on the government to use wisdom and restraint in managing protests, highlighting that good governance is the best way to avoid protests, as bad governance makes them inevitable.

BIG STORY

JUST IN: Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Committee To Oversee Implementation Of Tax Reforms

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu has approved the establishment of the National Tax Policy Implementation Committee (NTPIC), a new body tasked with overseeing the execution of the administration’s tax reforms.

The development was announced on Friday in a statement issued by Bayo Onanuga, the president’s special adviser on information and strategy. He said the committee is expected to drive the implementation of the government’s tax initiatives in alignment with the economic priorities of both the administration and the Nigerian people.

According to the statement, the NTPIC will coordinate and monitor ongoing reforms aimed at strengthening the national tax system, enhancing revenue mobilisation, and supporting broader economic objectives.

 

More to come…

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Ndume Backs Withdrawal Of Police From VIPs, Says ‘Some Ministers Attach Officers To Wives, Children’

Published

on

Ali Ndume, the senator representing Borno South, has declared his full support for the directive ordering the withdrawal of police officers attached to very important persons (VIPs) across the country. His remarks followed President Bola Tinubu’s instruction on Sunday directing the removal of police personnel from VIP protection roles.

The presidency had earlier explained that the withdrawn officers would be redeployed to core policing functions as part of efforts to address rising insecurity. According to Bayo Onanuga, the president’s special adviser on information and strategy, the measure forms part of a broader national security strategy aimed at strengthening police efficiency and improving public safety.

The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun, subsequently confirmed that 11,566 officers had been withdrawn in compliance with the presidential directive. He stated that the reassigned personnel would reinforce frontline security operations nationwide.

Speaking during an appearance on Channels Television’s programme, Politics Today, Ndume described the directive as one of Tinubu’s “most commendable decisions” and urged immediate implementation. He noted that many VIPs, including some ministers, had officers attached not only to themselves but also to their spouses and children.

Ndume said he expected to see an immediate reduction in police presence around government institutions. “We should see it on the ground,” he said, adding that he was surprised to still find numerous police officers around the National Assembly on Thursday.

The lawmaker revealed that he had personally rejected the number of officers previously assigned to him. “I was attached three policemen but that was a big crowd for me so I refused,” he said. He explained that he insisted on having only an orderly if any security personnel were to be assigned to him.

Ndume further argued that the role of an attached officer is primarily to monitor movement rather than provide personal protection. He maintained that all officers deployed to VIP security assignments should be withdrawn and returned to community policing functions.

He criticised what he described as excessive privilege among some public officials, noting that some lawmakers and ministers have police officers assigned to their wives and children. “What’s their business with that?” he asked.

The senator recalled visiting the home of a colleague and discovering “more than 10 policemen” assigned to him despite the colleague being junior to him in the Senate hierarchy. He added that some VIP convoys were so large that they created the impression that the president or vice-president was travelling.

Ndume argued that even the president’s own convoy required downsizing, insisting that national security resources should be focused on safeguarding communities rather than individuals. “Secure the place and when the president goes, you withdraw,” he said.

He concluded that Nigeria’s security architecture must prioritise territorial safety, noting that once a city like Abuja is effectively secured, residents would be able to move freely, including at night. He added that such an approach aligns with security practices in many other countries.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

US Orders Review Of All Green Cards Issued To Migrants From 19 Countries, Exempts Nigeria [SEE FULL LIST]

Published

on

The United States government has ordered a comprehensive review of all Green Cards issued to citizens of 19 countries following Wednesday’s attack on National Guard troops in Washington, D.C. The decision was made public on Thursday as authorities identified the suspect as a 29-year-old Afghan national who previously worked with American forces in Afghanistan.

According to AfghanEvac, an organisation involved in relocating Afghans after the 2021 Taliban takeover, the suspect received asylum in April 2025 rather than permanent residency.

In a statement released on X, the Director of the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Joseph Edlow, said, “I have directed a full-scale, rigorous re-examination of every Green Card for every alien from every country of concern.” He added that the directive followed the president’s order to heighten scrutiny of migrants from specific nations.

The report notes that an earlier directive had already placed nearly all nationals from 12 countries, including Afghanistan, under a full travel ban.

Below is the complete breakdown of the affected countries as structured under the new review:

Countries with Full Travel Ban (12)

Afghanistan

Myanmar

Chad

Congo-Brazzaville

Equatorial Guinea

Eritrea

Haiti

Iran

Libya

Somalia

Sudan

Yemen

Countries with Partial Ban (7)

Burundi

Cuba

Laos

Sierra Leone

Togo

Turkmenistan

Venezuela

The announcement marks a significant expansion of the administration’s immigration restrictions, which officials say are part of broader efforts to reassess vetting procedures following the Washington attack. Authorities added that the review would complement ongoing measures aimed at tightening entry requirements for individuals from nations classified as high-risk.

Continue Reading


 

 


M

 

 

 

 

Join Us On Facebook

Most Popular