Connect with us


One hundred and five girls are still missing after Boko Haram terrorist group on Monday attacked the Government Girls Secondary School in Dapchi, Bursari Local Government Area of Yobe State. The girls were said to have run into the bush after the attack. But with many girls failing to return home, parents have expressed fears that the girls might have been kidnapped.
Some of the girls parents told the Agence France Presse that they had set up a support group after the attack, bringing to memory a similar situation which occurred when the insurgent group kidnapped 214 Chibok schoolgirls on April 14, 2014. The chairman of the newly created group, Bashir Manzo, said, “Our first step was to compile a comprehensive list of all the missing girls. So far, we have compiled the names of 105”
Manzo, whose 16 year old daughter, Fatima, is among the missing, said the schoolgirls mothers and fathers would seek a meeting with the Yobe State Governor, Ibrahim Gaidam. He said, “We believe he Gaidam was misinformed (about the rescue of 48 of the girls). The school authorities from the beginning denied and kept denying that our daughters were taken.
“We will see the governor and seek his help , as well as anyone who matters that can in one way or another assist in ensuring the freedom of our girls.” President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said he was sorry that the attack which led to the abduction of the students from the Government Girls Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State, happened. He described the incident as a national disaster.

BIG STORY

[VIDEO] Herdsmen Kill Bus Conductor In Lagos Over Cow’s Death

Published

on

Persons identified as herdsmen have stabbed a bus conductor to death for killing a cow in Lagos.

This happened in the early hours of Monday and became public in a viral video from the scene of the accident.

According to one of the videos making rounds on social media platforms, the incident occurred at Mowo on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, close to President Muhammadu Buhari Estate.

The commentator in the video said the bus conductor, who fled after the accident that led to the death of the cow, was killed close to a police checkpoint.

The driver, who was said to be heading to Badagry from Mile 12, was said to have fled as soon as he sensed danger.

This made the herdsmen go after the conductor of the bus with registration number: FKJ 756 XH.

Continue Reading

NEWS

BREAKING: Justice Olukayode Ariwoola Sworn-In As Acting CJN [PHOTOS]

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has sworn-in Justice Olukayode Ariwoola as the new Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), in an acting capacity.

Justice Ariwoola was officially sworn in by the president on Monday afternoon, following the sudden resignation of Justice Tanko Muhammad from the Judicial position.

It was gathered that Justice Muhammad was forced to resign over the weekend, although the information in the public space is that he’s quitting on health grounds.

Recall that last week, a letter was written by 14 justices of the supreme court accusing him of abandoning his responsibility as the leader of the court leaked.

The judges also accused the CJN of going on foreign trips with his family while denying them the right to go on international training.

It was gathered that there was a memo from the judges to the presidency, highlighting all of the CJN’s financial dealings, and threatening that they would stop sitting from September if he is not removed.

Ariwoola, the new CJN was the next-highest ranking justice of the supreme court after Muhammad.

He is billed to leave the Judicial service in 2028.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Sunday Igboho Recounts DSS Attack, Says ‘It’s War, Their Intention Was To Eliminate Me’

Published

on

Popular Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho has recounted his encounter with the Department of States Services (DSS) during a raid on his residence in 2021.

On the 1st of July, 2021, the DSS raided Igboho’s residence in Ibadan, Oyo State, arrested 13 of his aides, and allegedly killed two others. The arrested aides were arraigned before the court but later granted bail by a Federal High Court.

According to the agitator who is currently in the Benin Republic, the intention of the security men was to eliminate him.

Igboho who spoke to journalists in Cotonou on Friday said he deliberately escaped the attack to prevent his aides and loyalists living inside the building from being killed.

“They cordoned off my house and started shooting. Some of them were strategically positioned on the street that leads to my house from Soka Road,” he said.

“They shot and forced their way into my premises, shooting sporadically in an encounter that lasted for more than one hour. It was a war and their intention was to kill me. It was God that saved me. Residents of Soka, most especially my neighbours, were gripped with fear.

“My uncle, who was a Muslim, observing prayer was shot dead right on his praying mat. Another close aide of mine was shot dead.”

He, however, said that despite his travails, the agitation for the actualization of the Yoruba nation was intact.

He added that he would soon return to Nigeria after his long sojourn in the Benin Republic.

Igboho noted that he was not scared of being arrested by operatives of the Department of State Services upon his return to Nigeria as he believes in the judiciary.

“I am going back to Nigeria soon,” he said in a recent interview.

In September 2021, an Oyo State High Court granted a relief sought by Igboho and ordered the Nigerian government to pay him N20 billion.

“I am going back to Nigeria soon.” He added, “I believe in the judiciary.”

Continue Reading

Most Popular