Connect with us


/">

BIG STORY

Bandits Demand N100m Ransom For Six Police Officers Kidnapped In Katsina

Avatar

Published

on

The bandits holding Six Assistant Superintendents of Police captive in Katsina State for over one week are demanding N100m ransom for their release.

It was gathered that the ASPs were among the nine who were just promoted to their current rank. They were attached to the Mobile Police Squadron 6, Maiduguri, Borno State.

Findings on Wednesday indicated that they were demobilized from the riot unit and eight of them were on their way to the Zamfara State Police Command on the transfer when they were ambushed in the Dogondaji area of Katsina State and taken into the forest.

A reliable police source explained that the nine ASPs were planning to go to Zamfara State together but one of them changed his mind at the last minute while the others embarked on the trip in a commercial bus.

On getting to Kano, the driver was said to have asked them to join another vehicle as his bus had developed a fault.

The source said, “When they were released to go to Zamfara, they scheduled a day for the trip from Maiduguri, but one of them said he wasn’t comfortable with the trip and declined to join them. He said he had something to do and promised to join them in Zamfara later.

“So, the eight others left, but on getting to Kano, the driver said he couldn’t continue the journey to Zamfara, because his vehicle had developed a fault. They joined another vehicle and on their way around Dongodaji in Katsina State, the bandits accosted and kidnapped them.

“While being taken away, two of them escaped and one of them was shot in the leg though he didn’t die. He found himself in a village and the villagers took him to a police station and he was taken to a hospital. The other six officers are still with the bandits who are demanding N100m ransom.”

A senior police officer said the Commander, Mopol 6, could not account for the men when asked about their abduction, adding that he referred inquiries on the missing men to the Zamfara State Police Command.

The officer explained that the normal procedure was for the commander to send a signal to the Zamfara command informing it that he had released the nine ASPs, but he allegedly failed to follow the official procedure.

The source stated, “The problem came from the Commander, Mopol 6, their former squadron leader, who released them on transfer to Zamfara. He was supposed to relay the information on the kidnap incident, but he said he didn’t know about it when he was asked; instead, he referred inquiries to the Zamfara State Police Command.

“The commander should have sent a signal that the men had been released to go to Zamfara, but he didn’t do that. Normally, the Zamfara command would send a signal to Borno confirming that the men had resumed.”

Findings indicated that the families of the missing police officers were anxious about the safety of their breadwinners following the N100m ransom demanded by the bandits.

It was learnt that the families were attempting to raise N3m for the release of the captives or N500,000 each.

The Force spokesman, DCP Frank Mba, had yet to respond to inquiries on the incident as he did not respond to calls and SMS sent to his mobile telephone as of the time of filing in this report.

When contacted by one of our correspondents, one of the officers, who escaped from the abductors, said he was too weak to recount the incident.

“I have high BP (blood pressure); I just came back from a check-up. I cannot remember everything now. The incident happened on Sunday along the Katsina-Gusau Road,” he simply said.

The Public Relations Officer, Borno State Police Command, DSP Edet Okon, said there was no reported case of policemen from the command being abducted, adding that the alleged victims were no longer serving at the command because they had been transferred.

“The Borno State Police Command has not received any signal in respect of her officers being abducted. The alleged abduction of officers is still unknown to us as we have yet to receive any alert on the matter. That is the official position of the command as of this moment,” Okon stated.

When one of our correspondents visited the Mopol 6 base in Maiduguri, he observed that police personnel were overwhelmed by the kidnap of their colleagues, which came weeks after some of their men were killed and several others injured during an attack on the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum.

The mood in the barracks was very sober with little or no activity going on except for a few anti-riot policemen in uniform clustered in groups obviously discussing the incident.

It was gathered that some personnel of the command were recently attacked at the Bama Local Government Area of the state and the latest development had dampened the morale of the policemen.

BIG STORY

Kaduna Disco Disconnects Ex-President Shagari’s Home Over N6m Debt

Avatar

Published

on

The Kaduna Electric Distribution Company last Wednesday disconnected electricity supply to the home of late Alhaji Shehu Shagari, the Second Republic President of Nigeria, over unpaid bills estimated to be over N6m.

Occupants of the house, including late Shagari wives and relations, were saved from darkness, as the light was later reconnected the same day, following the intervention or a surety who promised to settle the bill.

A KAEDCO official at the Sokoto business office, who pleaded not to be named, informed our correspondent that the light was reconnected on a strong commitment to settle the outstanding bill by an anonymous surety. He, however, did not disclose the anonymous surety.

KAEDCO spokesman, Abdulaziz Abdullahi, who confirmed the disconnection of the late President home located on Sama Road, in Sokoto, said, “The bill has not been paid since the former president died in December 28, 2018, at the age of 93.

“The company has given enough grace for them to settle the bills before the disconnection.”

A family source disclosed that prior to Shagari’s death; the state government footed the electricity bills of the former leader.

However, a Sokoto State government official who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity said, “You know the welfare of the late president’s family rests solely on the Federal Government, if the state government assists, it is just out of compassion and respect for the late President.”

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

‘It’s A Lie’!!! Pastor Faith Edeko Rubbishes Romance Tale With Apostle Johnson Suleman

Avatar

Published

on

Pastor Faith Edeko, the woman at the center of an adultery allegation, has cleared the air on the matter, rubbishing the claims by one Pastor Mike Davids that she is sleeping with the Senior Pastor of the Omega Fire Ministries, Apostle Johnson Suleman.

Pastor Edeko, the pastor-in-charge of the ‘Home of Elevation’ branch of the OFM, Abuja, in a viral video following the publication of the story, denied she is having an affair with Apostle Suleman. Pastor Faith, in the video, said that the man who leveled the allegation is her former husband, as they have divorced after abandoning her for years, adding that Apostle Suleman is only her benefactor.

Taking a swipe at Pastor Davids for the accusation, Pastor Edeko declared:

“Mike you don’t deserve anything good in your life. This is the height you will tell the world and, of course, they will throw stones because that is the only thing a man will say to a woman after leaving her for years. This is the only thing you can say.

I know you drink but I don’t know it has gotten to this height. Just listen to yourself; a man who brought me up, my family knows him, he adopted me as His child, I stayed with him, even when I was not married, I was still single when I met him. And you confirmed it in your video, listen to yourself, Mike

Apostle Suleman will call me to a hotel and I will pass the night there but you didn’t bother because you knew I was a virgin; can you listen to yourself?

I kept my virginity for that long and you married me a virgin. I stayed with this man that long still as a virgin, and he didn’t deflower me. So, the best time to sleep with me was when I was married? You don’t deserve anything good in your life; thank God you told Nigerians you met me a virgin. What I didn’t do when I was single, I now started doing it when I was married? A woman who gave birth will still be bleeding after six months…

I was still at Osogbo after six months, then how did I transport myself to OFM Auchi. I am doing only this because of Mitchel and Apostle Suleman that you are dragging.”

Meanwhile, in an Instagram post-Monday afternoon, Apostle Suleman also reacted to the subject in a passing manner. He wrote: “IGP orders probe on me? Where, when? Maybe my ghost. Just reading stories now. Please discard. There is no such thing. Bad press really sells fast.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

IGP Orders Probe Of Apostle Suleman For Allegedly ‘Sleeping With Pastor’s Wife’ [VIDEOS]

Avatar

Published

on

Mohammed Adamu, the inspector-general of police (IGP), has directed the probe of Apostle Johnson Suleman, founder of Omega Fire Ministry, for allegedly sleeping with his female minister.

The investigation comes on the back of a petition by Mike Davids, a former cleric at the church, that Suleman allegedly slept with Faith Edeko, his wife, who currently heads the Abuja branch of Omega Fire Ministries in Utako.

In the petition, written by V.C Ezenagu & Associates, his counsel, Davids also accused Suleman of threatening his life and denying him access to his three children.

According to PUNCH, the IGP’s directive was contained in a letter dated January 5 and addressed to the deputy inspector-general of police, force intelligence bureau in Garki, Abuja.

The letter, with reference number CB:7000/IGP.SEC/ABJ/Vol.515/561, was signed by Iliya Doma, the principal staff officer II to the IGP.

“I attach herewith a copy of a letter dated December 30, 2020, with its attachments received from V.C Ezenagu & Associates on the above-underlined subject. The Inspector-General of Police directs that you treat. Accept the assurances of my esteemed regards,” the letter partly read.

In the petition, Davids said he met Suleman while in school with the pair eventually becoming very close friends.

He said the apostle would later ordain him a pastor in his church on June 9, 2006, adding that he served for over 15 years before he eventually left the church in 2019.

To buttress his point, Davids attached his pastoral certificate as well as license number 125 to the petition.

Davids also shared three videos on his social media pages wherein he bared lurid details of his allegations against Suleman.

Posted by Davids Mike on Sunday, January 24, 2021

According to the petitioner, trouble started when Suleman was planning to set up a gospel television station and had requested the assistance of his wife who was a broadcaster with NTA at the time.

He said it was during one of his wife’s visits to his place that the “clergyman slept with her”, explaining that his marriage has collapsed since then.

“Apostle Suleman has given her a branch of the church in Utako, Abuja to head without permission. I am calling on Pastor David Oyedepo, Pastor Paul Enenche, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Pastor Margaret Idahosa, CAN, PFN,” he said in of the videos.

“Apostle Suleman has damaged my life. I have not seen my wife and children for two years and Apostle Suleman says if I ever go near them, he will have me taken out. I have a video where he said he will make me disappear. I don’t want to lose my life.”

But reacting in a video, Edeko dismissed the claims by the petitioner, describing such as an attempt to blackmail Suleman.

Continue Reading

Most Popular