Connect with us


/">

BIG STORY

Nigeria Police Grill Music Star D’Banj Over Rape Allegation In FCID, Abuja

Avatar

Published

on

The Nigeria Police Force has grilled Musician, Dapo Oyebanjo, aka D’Banj, over allegations of rape, The PUNCH is reporting.

It was learnt that D’Banj was grilled by an Assistant Commissioner of Police, Adaku Anya, at the Force Criminal Investigation Department, Garki, Abuja.

A statement was also taken from the Kokomaster who insisted that he never raped his accuser, Seyitan Babatayo.

A top police source said, “D’Banj has been questioned twice at the FCID, Abuja. He was questioned last week and also this week. We will leave no stone unturned as we investigate the matter.”

It was learnt that Seyitan was also invited to write a statement but she stated that she had no means of traveling to Abuja and opted to visit a police unit in Lagos.

“Seyitan appealed with us that she had no means of traveling down to Abuja. So, she has been given the option of reporting at the FCID Annex, Alagbon, Ikoyi,” the officer said.

It was reported last week that the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had ordered an investigation into the allegations leveled against D’Banj.

The IG had referred the case to a Deputy Inspector-General of Police to handle.

Seyitan’s friend, Benjamin Ese, in a Twitter thread in early June, had told the story of how D’Banj allegedly raped Seyitan at Glee Hotel, Lagos two years ago – in December 2018.

She said it happened at an all-white party where D’Banj allegedly offered her friend some money to spend the night which she rejected until he surprisingly showed up in Seyitan’s hotel room around 2 at the midnight.

“D’Banj drove all the way from Eko hotel where he was lodged and came down to glee hotel in Victoria Island at midnight 2.40 am and collected the spare key from the receptionist,” Ese said in the thread which has since sparked an outrage.

She said D’Banj allegedly “got into my friend’s room and forcefully threatened he would walk her out of the room naked, kept his fingers in her Vagina, and repeatedly raped her.”

The rape experience, Ese said had caused Seyitan some trauma since the incident happened.
Weeks after Ese’s tweets, Seyitan came out publicly to present herself as the lady who was allegedly raped by D’Banj in December 2018.

The musician, however, denied the allegations leveled against him and asked his accuser to make a public apology and also pay him the sum of N100m in damages.

On Wednesday, Seyitan narrated how D’Banj allegedly got her arrested and deleted all her social media posts.

She said the musician asked her to tell Nigerians that the allegations were a mere publicity stunt.

Seyitan, however, said she rejected all of D’Banj’s advances.

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge Opens Today

Avatar

Published

on

The Third Mainland Bridge will be open for use by 12 noon today.

The minister of works, Babatunde Fashola disclosed this in a tweet on his official handle.

He said:

”Third mainland bridge rehab completed. Fully opens to traffic at 12noon today. Thank you all for your patience. Drive safely”

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

JUST IN: DSS Arrests Ganduje’s Aide Hours After Criticizing Buhari, Nigerians Reacts [See Tweets]

Avatar

Published

on

The Department of State Services has arrested Salihu Tanko Yakasai, a social media aide to Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State, barely hours after he criticized the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Yakasai had in a series of tweets on Friday in reaction to Friday abduction of about 317 female students of Government Girls Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara State, said the kidnappings had become too frequent.

The governor’s aide had also said if it was under another President’s watch that the abductions had happened, there would have been more outrage in the North.

He tweeted, “Clearly, we as APC government, at all levels, have failed Nigerians in the number one duty we were elected to do which is to secure lives and properties. Not a single day goes by without some sort of insecurity in this land. This is a shame! Deal with terrorists decisively or resign.

“Just last week it was #freekagaraboys, today we have a new hashtag #RescueJangebeGirls, who knows tomorrow what hashtag we will come up with? Perhaps one for ourselves when we get caught up in one of these daring attacks.

“This is sad and heartbreaking, I feel helpless and hopeless. “I completely agree. Hypocrisy is in our DNA. Imagine what’s happening in the North now under GEJ or OBJ, what you will hear is he’s the enemy of the North and Muslims, but here we are, being ravaged by all sorts of insecurity but no collective rage, sai useless lamentations. SMDH.”

However, barely hours after Yakasai’s viral tweets, it was learnt that he suddenly disappeared even as friends and relations began to panic.

Confirming his arrest, one of Ganduje’s aides on Twitter, @sadeqhenry tweeted, “Alhamdulillahi we just confirmed @dawisu is at DSS office.”

Yakasai, who is the son of elder statesman, Tanko Yakasai, was suspended by Ganduje last year for criticizing the President. He was, however, reinstated soon after.

Nigerians, however, have taken to Twitter to register their displeasure with the arrest saying it is unnecessary, and also called for his release.

See tweets below:

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Fear Grips Lagos Community As Six Kids Go Missing In Idi Araba [PHOTOS]

Avatar

Published

on

At least six children have been declared missing in Idi Araba, Mushin Local Government Area of Lagos State, as concerns over the safety of kids in the community grow on a daily basis.

The missing children are identified as Abdullahi Mohammed, Umairah Umar, Abubakar Sadiq, one Shittu, Abdullahi Olanrewaju, and Abdulahad Ibrahim, who disappeared on Wednesday, January 27.

According to City Round, the recurring disappearance suspected to be cases of abduction started about two years ago when four of the children went missing successively.

It was gathered that the children usually disappeared while playing with their mates within the vicinity, thereby throwing their parents into confusion.

“He was playing with his mates outside his grandma’s house on Garuba Musa Street that Wednesday,” Ibrahim’s mother, Hadiza, disclosed, her voice overwhelmed by grief.

“After the evening prayer, we couldn’t find him. We searched for him till 2 am. We have reported to the police,” she added, choking back tears.

The incident had left her husband, Abubakar, devastated too. His pale looks and hushed tones bore distress that has enveloped the family since Ibrahim suddenly disappeared.

Having reported the case at various police stations, including Itire, Alakara, and Area D, Mushin without any promising results in sight, the 37-year-old father said he had taken solace in God.

“We have been praying for his return,” he muttered. “We have faith in God that we will find him. It is a test on our faith and we hope he and other children will be found.”

Since Umar’s whereabouts became a mystery over six months ago, sorrow appears to have increasingly dominated the heart of Aisha, her mother.

The thought that Umar could emerge from any of the labyrinthine corners connecting their residence on Haruna Street is now a daily fantasy for the middle-aged woman and her husband.

“She got missing last year. I was inside while she was playing outside,” Aisha recalled bleakly. “It was not up to an hour when I decided to go out and check on her. Surprisingly, I could not find her. We have gone to all the police stations around us.”

Two years after Abdullahi’s disappearance, the heartache remains fresh in the minds of his parents. Even though they had got another baby after the sad incident, the joy of childbirth has not meant much to them without Abdullahi in their midst.

The father, Mohammed, 50, told our correspondent that the harrowing experience has impacted his health negatively.

He stated, “I have been living here close to 25 years. My son was four years old when he got missing. We went to the mosque together that afternoon and after prayers, we returned home and he was playing outside.

“Less than an hour later, we could not see him. We reported the case at the Itire Police Station, Alakara, and other surrounding police stations. Since that time, we have not seen him.”

An elder in the community, Alhaja Aisha Hussein, said residents were amazed at how the children disappeared within the short time their parents left them to play around their vicinity.

She said, “Two years ago, a three-year-old girl was playing outside while her mother was inside sleeping. After an hour, the mother woke up and came out to look for her but she couldn’t see the girl. We searched everywhere without any success. We also reported the case to the police.

“There was a boy who was following his father to the mosque on a Friday. The father sent him back and followed him to the last junction to their house before he headed back for the mosque. His mother said she heard him cry while she was praying. She came out after completing the prayer and looked everywhere but could not see him.

“There is a Yoruba boy, Shittu, who was also abducted after he came back from school. The boy was playing outside while his mother was preparing food for him. When she finished cooking, she came out to call the boy but he was nowhere to be found. No one knew how the boy got missing.

“There was also a two-year-old boy who got missing in the same manner. He was playing in front of her parents’ house with two other friends. The mother asked them about him but they could not explain his whereabouts.”

A traditional leader in the community, Seriki Hausa of Idi Araba and Mushin, Alhaji Hassan Abubakar, said the incidents had become worrisome to residents and urged the government to assist in addressing it.

He said, “This thing started two years ago. Six children have been missing so far without any clue to their whereabouts. We need the government to help us solve this problem. Our people are worried about the continuous missing of children. We have advised parents to always look after their children and always follow them to their schools.”

Secretary to the palace and Assistant Youth Leader, Mushin Local Government Area, Hussein Hussein, said they had a strong suspicion that insiders had a hand in the cases, noting that two children narrowly escaped from their abductors while a ransom was paid for the release of an abducted child.

He said, “Just recently, a child went missing. A child was also taken but was later released after the family paid a ransom. The kidnapper requested a N1.2m ransom and N10,000 recharge cards. The family tried to conceal the case probably because those people had threatened them. We believe those perpetrators have insiders.

“A boy was abducted on his way to an Islamic school. On getting to Yaba (a neighbouring community), he was dropped off because his abductors saw policemen at a checkpoint. It was a good Samaritan who brought the boy back home.

“There was also another child that was dropped off around Shitta when his abductors saw policemen. We are appealing to the government and security agencies to help us stop this menace. We have told parents that it is their primary responsibility to take care of the children and be watchful over them.”

But the spokesperson for the police in the state, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi, said the command was only aware of a case and urged other affected parents to report to the police.

He said, “The command was not aware of these missing person cases. We only recorded one case and we have acted on it. The people of the area should always get the police informed on any happenings in their area. We urge them to come up with their cases or complaints for the police command to act appropriately.”

Continue Reading

Most Popular