Connect with us


/">

BIG STORY

Aisha Buhari, Yusuf Sabiu’s Fight Get Messier As IGP Refuses To Release First Lady’s Aides

Avatar

Published

on

The power tussle which has resulted to physical assault at the Nigerian presidential villa between the wife of the President, Aisha Buhari and Sabiu ‘Tunde’ Yusuf, the President’s influential Private Secretary and favourite nephew, is said to be getting messier as the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has ignored the demand by the first lady to release her aides who are in custody, 24 hours after.

This is just as children of the President, Muhammadu Buhari, have declared war on Sabiu.

Closed sources at the presidency revealed the aides were still in police custody as of Sunday morning.

According to THE WITNESS, the Villa was thrown into confusion, Thursday night, when the First Lady accompanied by her children – Zahra, Halima, and Yusuf, – took a team of policemen led by her Aide-De-Camp to forcefully confront Tunde following an earlier heated disagreement over his refusal to self-isolate after his trip to Lagos to see his wife, who had just given birth to a boy.

Sources familiar with the event said that on reaching the House 8 Guest Chalet of the President, where Tunde resides with his family, there was an altercation between him and Mrs. Buhari, her children and her security aides that eventually snowballed into a near-fatal brawl.

Report says Tunde, who appeared helpless and clearly outnumbered had to flee on foot.

“This was when Mrs. Buhari’s ADC and four members of her police escort fired some shots into the air as they pursued him. He had been seriously wounded at this time but successfully made it to the residence of Mamman Daura where he would shelter for the night,” a source in the Presidential villa told our reporter.

The source said that the IGP, following a briefing on the horrific incident arrived at the Presidential Villa Friday morning and ordered Mrs. Buhari’s ADC and all the police personnel attached to her who took part in the altercation and shooting arrested and detained.

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Gunmen Abduct Wife, Son Of Atiku’s Security Aide

Avatar

Published

on

Suspected gunmen have abducted the wife and son of a security detail of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

The kidnappers were believed to have gone for the said aide to Atiku, whose name is not given but confirmed to be police personnel, but took his wife and son when they did not meet the man.

According to The Nation, the incident took place in the night of Monday in Yolde-Pate, Yola, when the target was believed to be still around after reportedly having come to town with Atiku for the weekend.

“The kidnappers believed that the police personnel, being so close to Atiku, would have money, so they went for him but took his wife and son when they did not find him,” a source said.

It was also learnt Wednesday morning that a brother of one of the state lawmakers was abducted about the same time elsewhere in Adamawa State.

Local sources said an elder brother of the state Majority Leader Hammantukur Yetisuri was abducted from his home in Jada Mbulo by gunmen who demanded N50 million as ransom.

The sources said the gunmen got to the community around 2 am shooting into the area and breaking into the house of the lawmaker’s brother.

“They got away with the man, shouting that they would not return the man unless the family paid N50 million,” a source said.

The Public Relations Officer of the Adamawa State Police Command, DSP Suleiman Nguroje, confirmed the two abductions, including the aid to Atiku being a police officer, but he did not give names.

He gave the assurance that the police would do everything to free the abducted people and bring the gunmen to book.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

55-Year-Old Man Nabbed With Four Human Skulls, Three Hands In Ogun

Avatar

Published

on

Men of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested a 55-year-old man, Yesiru Salisu, for being in possession of human parts, including four skulls, two hands, and three jaws, in Ijebu-Igbo.

The suspect allegedly severed the human parts from a Christian cemetery in Oke-Eri, Ijebu-Ode, on Monday alongside his accomplice, Lekan Bakare, who is on the run.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, disclosed this on Tuesday.

Oyeyemi said the suspect, who is a resident of No. 7 Odenusi Street, Ijebu-Igbo, was arrested on Monday.

The PPRO added that the suspect was arrested following a report lodged at the Ago-Iwoye Division in the Ijebu-North Local Government Area of the state.

He added that the complainant reported that a man was seen with a bag suspected to contain stolen property and when he was challenged, he dropped the bag and ran into the bush.

The statement said, “Upon the report, the DPO Ago-Iwoye, CSP Paul Omiwole, led detectives to the scene, where they opened the bag and discovered that it contained dry human parts.

“Consequently, the bush that the suspect ran into was properly combed and he was subsequently apprehended.

“On interrogation, the suspect confessed to harvesting the human parts from a Christian cemetery in Oke-Eri, Ijebu-Ode together with one Lekan Bakare, who is now at large.”

The PPRO said the Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, had ordered the immediate transfer of the case to the state Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and prosecution.

Oyeyemi added that the CP also directed that the fleeing accomplice should be hunted and brought to justice.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Don’t Allow External Forces Destroy Us, Allow Seed Of Peace Germinate —- Sanwo-Olu Begs Lagosians

Avatar

Published

on

The Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has appealed to residents not to allow external forces to destroy the wellbeing and security of the state.

He spoke on Tuesday during a stakeholders’ engagement, tagged, ‘Internal Security and Conflict Resolution in Lagos State.’

The meeting, which held at the Adeyemi Bero Auditorium, Alausa, was also attended by the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola; Minister of Police Affairs, Maigari Dingyadi; human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, among others.

Sanwo-Olu said the coordinated arson and destruction that trailed the #EdSARS protest was a wake-up call to all citizens and security organizations to be vigilant and move against actions that could affect the wellbeing and security of Nigeria.

He pleaded with residents to allow the seed of peace being sown to germinate, while also stressing the need to re-establish communication links between the government and the people.

He said, “We have to reignite the communication link between government and the people so that fifth columnists or conspiracy theorists will not be able to infiltrate and spread disinformation and misinformation that would jeopardize the future of our country or the opportunities available for our youths to contribute to the greatness of our country.”

The forum later moved into an executive session where discussions were held on ways out of the current situation.

The participants, in the 15-point communique issued after the meeting, called on the Federal Government to treat Lagos security as a national issue.

The group also called for increased intelligence gatherings by security agencies by working with neighbourhood security apparatus.

They urged job creation for the youth, including the reintroduction of value-driven programmes, such as Boys Scout, Girls Guild, “in our schools to meaningfully engage young people.”

Continue Reading

Most Popular