Connect with us

BIG STORY

Oyedepo Spits Fire, Call Buhari’s Govt Most Wicked In Nigeria’s History

Avatar

Published

on

The Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide also known as Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, has described the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), as the worst in the history of Nigeria.

Oyedepo said this on Sunday while delivering a sermon during the second service of the church at the Faith Tabernacle, Ota, Ogun State.

He said the hate speech bill being sponsored by Senator Sabi Abdullahi was the most ridiculous bill anyone could think of.

The cleric said while the government was seeking to criminalise hate speech, those who kill others at will were left to walk free.

Oyedepo said, “The government in this country is making a draconian law – hate speech. They said if you speak hatefully, you have committed murder. Out of someone who says I will kill you and the one who kills, who has committed a crime? I don’t understand which kind of animal farm we live in.

“I said stop stepping on my toes and you said that is hate speech but somebody kills and he is walking free on the streets. This is the most stupid and nonsensical ideal anybody can think of.

I said you are bad and you said that is a crime. Must I say you are good when you are bad?

“In my view you are bad and you shouldn’t be a leader. I have the right to say so. As far as I am concerned, I am a true born and thoroughly-bred Nigerian, an intelligent one. In my view this is the worst thing that has happened to Nigeria — this government. It is the worst and in fact it is like a curse.

“I have been here for some time and I led the first prayer and fasting for Nigeria in 1979. I am not a baby in the affairs of Nigeria. This is the worst government, a government with no direction. Their days are numbered. I can tell you as a prophet that their days are numbered.”

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Lagos Discharges Five More Coronavirus Patients

Avatar

Published

on

The Lagos state government has discharged five more coronavirus patients.

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos state, broke the news via Twitter on Sunday.

“Dear Lagosians, yesterday I announced the discharge of one more patient from our Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba. Today, I am happy to inform you that five more patients comprising two males and three females including a 10-year-old girl have tested negative twice to #COVID-19,” he tweeted.

“Although there is a strong indication that the State is winning the battle against COVID-19, it is imperative that we remain steadfast to curtail the spread. I strongly advise that we continue to observe #Social Distancing. Let us #StayHomeStaySafe to #SaveLives

“I want to also use this opportunity to advise Lagosians against stigmatizing the discharged patients. We need to do all we can to support them to get over the experience as soon as possible.

“Once again, I wish to thank our frontline health workers, members of the Lagos State Health Family and the Emergency Operation Centre for all their hard work. You all have been nothing short of amazing.”

A total of 29 COVID-19 patients have been discharged in the state which 115 of the 224 confirmed cases in Nigeria. The state has also recorded two deaths from the disease.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Ighalo Snubs Chinese Team Shenhua’s £400,000 Offer, Wants Man United Stay

Gbemileke Ajayi

Published

on

Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo has made clear he wants to stay with Manchester United after the completion of his loan in the summer.

Ighalo’s future has been the subject of much speculation since the Nigerian’s impressive performances after signing from Shanghai Shenhua on deadline day in the January transfer window.

The 30-year-old has scored four goals and provided one assist in eight appearances and United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has previously opened up about his admiration for Ighalo on a number of occasions.

United will need to pay £15million to make Ighalo’s deal a permanent one, but the former Watford forward’s parent club have tabled a monster £400,000 per-week contract to keep him in the Chinese Super League when his temporary stay ends.

And Ighalo has intensified rumours that United will payout to keep him beyond this summer.

When asked by a fan during a Twitter Q&A if he would like to stay with the Red Devils if he was offered a contract extension, Ighalo had a simple reply. “Of course.”

The Nigeria international has become a fan favorite in just over two months with his boyhood club and Solskjaer shares supporters’ hopes that he will stay at Old Trafford beyond the end of his loan deal.

“It’s a loan, but when you’re in the door and if you impress it gives you a chance,” Solskjaer said in March. “That’s exactly the same for everyone who signs if it’s permanent or it’s a loan.

“If you impress as a player, if you impress as a person, if you can help this group improve, then, of course, there’s a chance that we’ll look at extending things.”

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Our Food Program For The Poor, Aged Citizens Was Sabotaged; We’ll Fine-Tune Modalities — Sanwo-Olu Assures Lagosians

Avatar

Published

on

Barely five days after restriction of movement in Lagos State commenced, the Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has disclosed that the palliative programme designed to assist indigent and aged has been sabotaged by some residents in the state.

Sanwo-Olu explained that the programme which started on a positive note was later hijacked by some residents at the detriment of 200,000 specified beneficiaries, sabotaging the benefits that should have gone to the indigents and aged.

The Governor, who disclosed this on Saturday while addressing pressmen on the progress made by the state in containing coronavirus since the disease broke out in Lagos, did not disclose the perpetrators’ identity.

He further hinted that his team had gone back to re-strategise with the aim to develop a superior method of distribution during the lockdown.

“My dear Lagosians, you will recall that when we began this battle, I promised you that the vulnerable and indigent segment of our society would not be abandoned or left behind. It was in this vein, that I approved a Welfare Program under which 200,000 households were targeted in the first phase, for the distribution of food items and other essential items.

“While the Program has since begun to make a positive difference in the lives of many of the intended beneficiaries, I must also acknowledge that there have been hitches and snags in some aspects of the implementation.

“It is not as though, we never envisaged teething problems along the way, but I must tell you that our major focus was to roll out without delay and fine-tune the modalities as we continued with program expansion.

“What we, however, did not reckon with, was the extent to which some people would go to deliberately undermine and sabotage a program intended to bring succor to the poorest among us. This kind of malicious behavior is unacceptable, and we will leave no stone unturned in ensuring that all the culprits are identified and appropriately punished.

“I must assure you that we have since returned to the drawing board for a more superior strategy to ensure that this laudable program is not compromised by the sheer irresponsibility of a few and that the full palliative impact is realized across the State”

Continue Reading

Most Popular