Connect with us

BIG STORY

We Use Facebook To Recruit Members In Lagos Secondary Schools —- 22-Year-Old ‘Berry Boys’ Cult Leader

Avatar

Published

on

An alleged notorious cult leader Maliki Bello, 22, has told detectives in Lagos that his gang recruited members and planned operations through Facebook and other social media platforms.

Bello, the alleged supreme leader of a notorious cult group in Itire, Lagos, Berry Boys, said the gang’s official page was Bbl Balotelli, a page with 1,928 friends, adding that their targets were school pupils. The suspect who was arrested on February 4, at about 7:20pm by policemen attached to Itire Division, told interrogators he joined the group when he was 12-year-old.

A resident of 23, Ayinla Street, Idiaraba, the suspect told police interrogators he was responsible for series of violent clashes, murders and armed robbery incidents in Idiaraba, Lawanson, Dosunmu, Ashimowo Bakare, Omo-Bola Mushin and Itire.

“The suspect told detectives that he was initiated into the cult at 12 years when he was in Junior Secondary School (JSS1). He later rose to the number one position, mostly addressed as the supreme leader of the Berry Boys confraternity.

“He was first arrested and then investigation led to the arrest of 11 other suspects. The Commissioner of Police (CP) Hakeem Odumosu has reaffirmed the commitment of the command to address the menace of cultism and youth gangsterism in Lagos State. “The onslaught on social miscreants launched by the CP is intelligence-driven, targeting mostly the leaders of the gangs and blocking the channels through which they recruit young people.

“The Special Strike Force on Social Miscreants has successfully brought under control activities of various cults and gangs in the state through well-coordinated and targeted operations. The onslaught will be sustained until they are totally defeated,” said spokesman Bala Elkana, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Explosion Rocks Ondo, Hundreds Of Buildings Destroyed [PHOTOS]

Avatar

Published

on

Over 100 hundred buildings were in the early hours of Saturday destroyed following an explosion that rocked Ondo State.

The explosion happened in the early hours of Saturday at Eleyowo, Akure, along Owo-Akure highway around 1 a.m.

According to residents of the area, a terrifying loud bang was heard when everyone was already asleep.

Also affected in the explosion was a full boarding school, Aina Awawul Secondary School, one of the most popular churches in Akure, Possibility Ground Ministry, as well as a filling station and hundreds of buildings.

The highway was cut off with hundreds of travelers stranded.

Police officers and other security agencies are already on ground to assess the situation.

Details later…

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

COVID-19: Anxiety In kebbi Over Governor Bagudu’s Status

Gbemileke Ajayi

Published

on

There is tension among top government officials in Kebbi state over the health status of Governor Atiku Bagudu after he came in contact with the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari who had been tested positive to the virus.

Governor Bagudu held a series of meetings at the Presidential Villa last week where he was alleged to have come in contact with the Chief of Staff.

It was also observed that the governor had allegedly gone into self-isolation in his private home in Birnin kebbi, a day after it was confirmed that COS Abba Khari was tested positive to Covid-19.

Governor Bagudu since his return from Abuja a few days ago held an emergency meeting with various stakeholders in the state including the Emir of Gwandu, Emir of Argungu, Speaker of the State House of Assembly, SSG, Commissioners, special advisers, permanent secretaries, directors, and chairmen of local governments in the state, to chart the best course of action for the financial future of the state, and also ways to curtail the spread of the coronavirus, that was the last public appearance of the Governor.

Meanwhile, he has since directed that civil servants in the state stay at home for two weeks except for the conventional workers.

This development, our correspondent gathered has generated a lot of anxiety in the state, especially among top government functionaries and other critical stakeholders who have come in contact with the governor.

When our correspondent contacted the Special Adviser on Media to the Governor, Mallam.Yahaya Sirki to Know whether the governors is on self-isolation to prevent further spreading? he stated: that “the governor is not on self-isolation.

The directive to stay at home does not involve the media and the security and those on essential services. What actually happened in Govt House yesterday is just to reduce the number of people entering the government house including the media and security they were asked to go home until when needed. But even at this point, some journalist and security are still retained in Govt House. I repeat my Governor is not on self-isolation” he added.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

BREAKING: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson Tests Positive For COVID-19

Avatar

Published

on

The United Kingdom Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has confirmed testing positive for coronavirus.

Boris made this known via his twitter account, Friday afternoon.

He wrote:
“Over the last 24 hours I have developed mild symptoms and tested positive for coronavirus. I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus. Together we will beat this”

Continue Reading

Most Popular