Connect with us

BIG STORY

50 Members of ‘One Million Boys’ Gang Arrested In Lagos

Avatar

Published

on

The Lagos State Police Command has set up a special strike force to deal with miscreants in the state.

Already 50 suspected hoodlums believed to be members of the notorious members of ‘One Million Boys’ that have been terrorizing residents of the state have been arrested.

The command has, therefore, warned that tough times await social miscreants in the state.

Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, who disclosed this while setting up the Special Strike Force said 50 members of ‘One Million Boys’ were already in the police custody.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Bala Elkana said: “The Commissioner of Police Lagos State, Hakeem Odumosu, has launched a special strike force on social miscreants. The team is tasked with the responsibility of dislodging social miscreants in the state.

“Such miscreants are operating under different names such as ‘One million Boys,’ ‘No Salary Boys,’ ‘Awawa Boys,’ etc. The miscreants are responsible for a series of violent crimes and attacks in different communities and neighborhoods.

“They also engage in traffic robberies, assaults, murder, and sexual assaults. The operations are mostly intelligence-driven, collating actionable information about the activities of such miscreants, their membership and hideouts and taking the battle to their doorsteps.

“Members of the operation were drawn from Tactical Units, State Intelligence Bureau, Operations Department and State Criminal Investigation Department with ACP Odubona Oludotun, in charge of Operations as its chairman. The Task Team is established in response to the recent activities of those miscreants in Ijegun, Itire, Isheri, etc., where they vandalized some vehicles and destroyed some properties of innocent citizens for no just cause.

Eleven suspects were initially arrested and charged to court.

“Items recovered from the suspects include two locally-made pistols, 11 axes, nine cutlasses, four daggers, and charms.

“The 50 suspects in custody are being profiled.

“The Commissioner of Police uses this medium to send a strong warning to members of such violent gangs that the command will pursue them, subdue them and bring them to justice. “Parents are advised to monitor the activities of their children. The onslaught will be sustained until sanity is restored to our streets and neighborhoods.”

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Explosion Rocks Ondo, Hundreds Of Buildings Destroyed [PHOTOS]

Avatar

Published

on

Over 100 hundred buildings were in the early hours of Saturday destroyed following an explosion that rocked Ondo State.

The explosion happened in the early hours of Saturday at Eleyowo, Akure, along Owo-Akure highway around 1 a.m.

According to residents of the area, a terrifying loud bang was heard when everyone was already asleep.

Also affected in the explosion was a full boarding school, Aina Awawul Secondary School, one of the most popular churches in Akure, Possibility Ground Ministry, as well as a filling station and hundreds of buildings.

The highway was cut off with hundreds of travelers stranded.

Police officers and other security agencies are already on ground to assess the situation.

Details later…

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

COVID-19: Anxiety In kebbi Over Governor Bagudu’s Status

Gbemileke Ajayi

Published

on

There is tension among top government officials in Kebbi state over the health status of Governor Atiku Bagudu after he came in contact with the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari who had been tested positive to the virus.

Governor Bagudu held a series of meetings at the Presidential Villa last week where he was alleged to have come in contact with the Chief of Staff.

It was also observed that the governor had allegedly gone into self-isolation in his private home in Birnin kebbi, a day after it was confirmed that COS Abba Khari was tested positive to Covid-19.

Governor Bagudu since his return from Abuja a few days ago held an emergency meeting with various stakeholders in the state including the Emir of Gwandu, Emir of Argungu, Speaker of the State House of Assembly, SSG, Commissioners, special advisers, permanent secretaries, directors, and chairmen of local governments in the state, to chart the best course of action for the financial future of the state, and also ways to curtail the spread of the coronavirus, that was the last public appearance of the Governor.

Meanwhile, he has since directed that civil servants in the state stay at home for two weeks except for the conventional workers.

This development, our correspondent gathered has generated a lot of anxiety in the state, especially among top government functionaries and other critical stakeholders who have come in contact with the governor.

When our correspondent contacted the Special Adviser on Media to the Governor, Mallam.Yahaya Sirki to Know whether the governors is on self-isolation to prevent further spreading? he stated: that “the governor is not on self-isolation.

The directive to stay at home does not involve the media and the security and those on essential services. What actually happened in Govt House yesterday is just to reduce the number of people entering the government house including the media and security they were asked to go home until when needed. But even at this point, some journalist and security are still retained in Govt House. I repeat my Governor is not on self-isolation” he added.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

BREAKING: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson Tests Positive For COVID-19

Avatar

Published

on

The United Kingdom Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has confirmed testing positive for coronavirus.

Boris made this known via his twitter account, Friday afternoon.

He wrote:
“Over the last 24 hours I have developed mild symptoms and tested positive for coronavirus. I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus. Together we will beat this”

Continue Reading

Most Popular