Connect with us



LASTMA Announces Diversion As Lagos-Ibadan Two-Month Road Closure Begins Today

Peter Okunoren



Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) on Sunday released an advisory as the closure of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway takes effect Monday.

The road will be shut from Monday, 2nd Sept 2019 to Thursday, 31st Oct 2019.

LASTMA said the affected routes include Kara Bridge inward Berger and from Berger INW Kara Bridge.

On the alternative routes, the agency said motorists traveling in/out of Lagos can make use of:

(i) Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway from/to Abeokuta connecting from/to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

(ii) Sagamu-Ikorodu Road from/to Sagamu connecting via Sagamu Interchange from/to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

(iii) IjebuOde-Itoikin Road from/to IjebuOde connecting from/to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

“Motorists are advised to be patient and maintain lane discipline during this period”, it added

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


UPDATE: How Lagos Lawmaker, Tunde Buraimoh ‘Big Daddy’ Died of COVID-19 At Lagos Isolation Center




The popular lawmaker representing Kosofe Constituency 2 in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Barrister Taofeek Olatunde Buraimoh is dead.

He died early Friday, 10 July 2020. He was aged 59, two months shy of his 60th birthday celebration, on September 30.

A close family source confirmed his death. Although the cause of his death is yet to be made official, The ELITES exclusively learnt that Buraimoh died from COVID-19 complications in one of the isolation facilities of the Lagos State Government.

Ironically, Buraimoh was reported to have paid a visit to the isolation center two weeks ago, to donate foodstuffs and other items to the patients.

He fell ill shortly after. The lawmaker was later rushed to the isolation center when the illness took a turn for the worse. He died in the early hours of today.

Until his death, Braimoh was the chairman house committee on information, security, and strategy in the Lagos state house of Assembly. He had also served in the Parliament as the chairman house committee on Judiciary, petitions, and Lasiec, he was also a one time chairman of Kosofe local government area, now Ikosi-Isheri local council.

He is survived by his wife, Yetunde, and children.

Continue Reading


Big Daddy Is Gone! Lagos Lawmaker, Tunde Buraimoh, Dies Two Months To His 60th Birthday




A member of the Lagos state House of Assembly representing Kosofe Constituency II, Hon. Tunde Buraimoh has been declared dead.

His colleague, Honourable Sanni Ganeey Okanlawon from Kosofe Constituency 1, broke the news via social media.

The late lawmaker is said to have died exactly two months to his 60th birthday.

Buraimoh, who ensured that the assembly holds a special session for late Senator Bayo Osinowo, was said to have fallen ill and became indisposed for days to ensure he recovers from the health challenges quickly and resume to office.

A source from the House of Assembly confirmed to the Guild that the former lawmaker, representing Kosofe Constituency II, was battling with two underlying health issues, diabetes and High Blood Pressure (BP) before he passed on.

The source added that his health challenges and that of Osinowo were reasons the assembly suggested yesterday to the state Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, that more private hospitals should be accredited and ask Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, to work with the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) to assist the state gain control over coronavirus.

Although the news of the late lawmaker who was fondly called Big Daddy, has not been made official, a member of the family told our correspondent that the former assembly spokesman died early hours on Friday and that other members of the family were yet to come to terms that the former lawmaker was no more.

A member of All Progressives Congress (APC) in his constituency told The Guild that though they were yet to receive any official statement from the family since news of his death filtered in, meanwhile, the party members have started trooping to his home to commiserate with the Buraimohs.

Details Shortly

Continue Reading


Diezani Removed $70m From NNPC In 12 Bags —– Ex-NNPC GMD




A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos heard on Thursday that in 2015, a former Petroleum Resources Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke ordered the removal of $70 million from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in 12 padlocked bags.

A former NNPC Group General Manager told Justice Muslim Hassan that he delivered the bags to an Abuja-based banker on Mrs. Alison-Madueke’s instructions.

He testified that he and others “had a command-and-obey relationship and also took an oath of office to obey directives and authority”.

The former GGM appeared as a prosecution witness in the trial of a former Executive Director of a top commercial bank, Dauda Lawal.

Lawal is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged money laundering of N928,000,000

The commission accused him of handling $25 million out of $153 million, which the former minister allegedly doled out to influence the 2015 general elections.

The trial opened on Thursday with the ex-NNPC GGM appearing as the first prosecution witness.

Led in evidence by EFCC Prosecutor Rotimi Oyedepo, the witness narrated how he delivered the cash-laden bags to the Abuja banker, identified simply as Charles, in the front of Dume Supermarket in Abuja.

The witness said: “My lord, as I can remember, shortly before the 2015 elections, it was the norm for heads of subsidiaries (of the NNPC) to be invited for an undisclosed briefing of activities of their departments to the minister.

“At the end of such briefings, the then Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Alison-Madueke, gave me a GSM number in respect of one Charles, whom I had never met, with a clear instruction that I should convey 12 padlocked bags to the said Charles.

“My lord, the source, the content, and the purpose of the bags were not disclosed to me.

“Thereafter, I called the said Charles, who equally confirmed to me that he had been briefed about the message. I delivered the bags to Charles.

“Much later, my lord, the EFCC invited me for interrogation on the issue and I made a statement to that effect.

“Charles equally confirmed at the EFCC that he received the 12 padlocked bags and the bags contained $70 million.”

Under cross-examination by the defense counsel, Patrick Ikwueto (SAN), the witness said he had never met Lawal before.

Justice Hassan adjourned till July 21, 22, and 23 for the continuation of trial.

Continue Reading

JoIn Us On Facebook

Live COVID-19 statistics for
Last updated: 2 minutes ago

Most Popular