Connect with us

/">

Uncategorized

CAN Denies Knowledge Of Solidarity Visit, Says COZA Pastors Are On Their Own

Avatar

Published

on

The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has disassociated itself from the purported solidarity visit to Commonwealth of Zion Assembly last Sunday.

In a statement issued on Monday, the National Director of Legal and Public Affairs, CAN, Evangelist Barrister Kwamkur Samuel Vondip, said that the purported solidarity visit and video had nothing to do with the group.

He also stated that the pastors seen in the viral video visited the church based on their personal interest, as he explained that the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, has already constituted a panel to investigate the rape allegation against the Senior Pastor of COZA, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo.

The statement reads;

The attention of the President of CAN, Rev. Dr. Samson O. A. Ayokunle has been called to a report and a video clip going round that Christian Association of Nigeria has sent her officials to Commonwealth of Zion Assembly(COZA) Church to stand by the Senior Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo on the rape allegation against him.

This message is to categorically inform the Christian leaders, the general public and all lovers of truth that CAN or the President of CAN did not approve and knows nothing about such a solidarity visit.

Those who did so did it on their own. We stand by our earlier release on this issue that while we would never support any act of immorality from whatever quarter, we would not jump into passing judgement without thorough investigation of the matter.

The President of CAN is in communication with the President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Rev. Dr. Felix Omobude and has given the right to investigate the allegations to PFN and then revert to CAN. We can tell you that PFN has already constituted a panel that is investigating this matter and in less than two weeks, the outcome of the investigation will come out. We urge all our Christian brothers and sisters to know that this is the position of CAN. We would not spare anyone who is found wanting from facing appropriate disciplinary measures.

We appreciate sincerely the prayers and support of the Christians and all peace loving Nigerians for the Church and the nation.

Evangelist Barrister Kwamkur Samuel Vondip
National Director of Legal and Public Affairs,
Christian Association of Nigeria.
15th July, 2019

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Uncategorized

Lagos Churches Reopen After 20 Weeks Closure, Comply With COVID-19 Guidelines, Low Turnout Recorded [PHOTOS]

Avatar

Published

on




Churches in Lagos State, on Sunday, held services after over four months’ ban on religious gatherings due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had last week ordered the reopening of worship centers in the state from Friday, August 7, 2020.

Mosques in the state held Jumat services on Friday, while churches had their services on Sunday.

At some of the churches visited by our correspondents, it was observed that children and the elderly were absent in accordance with the directive of the state government.

It was also observed that worshippers maintained physical distancing, wore face masks, and washed their hands before entering the churches.

At the national headquarters of the RCCG, Abutte-metta, there was a big inscription informing members and visitors to wear facemasks.

Ushers checked the temperature of worshippers, who were instructed to wash their hands and writes their names on a register.

Children below 12 were sent back.

Social distancing rule was maintained in the church and monitored by the Pastor in charge of the parish, Adebayo Adeyemo.

Multiple services were introduced. At 8 am, the first service began with 360 worshippers in a hall meant for thousands. The second service had 44 worshippers in attendance.

The General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, welcomed the reopening of the churches, noting that in the presence of God, there is fullness of joy and healing.

At the Emmanuel Baptist Church, Abule Egba, there was provision for hand-washing at the entrance of the church. Worshipers were also seen with their face masks.

At the Christ Faith Tabernacle International Church, Ogba, the service was held for one hour and a half hours. The church also obeyed the COVID-19 guidelines.

At the CAC Palace of Light and Salvation, Egbeda, a member said the church reduced its services to two.

“Before COVID-19, we used to have three services, but we now hold two services,” she said.

In the Yaba area of the state, members of the Lagos Presbyterian Church were seen with face masks and washing their hands as they entered the church to worship.

Celestial Church of Christ, Archdiocese, National Headquarters, Makoko, Lagos…on Sunday
The church minister, Rev. Chinedu Okoroafor, said, “The management has put every measure in place to comply with the guidelines to curb the spread of the virus in churches.”

At the St. Peter and Paul’s Catholic Church, Ejigbo, worshippers’ temperature was checked at the gate, while the use of face masks was enforced.

The ‘no mask, no entrance’ rule was also enforced at the Assemblies of God Church, Jakande Estate, Isolo, while two services were held to maintain the social distancing order.

A member of the church told one of our correspondents that a WhatsApp message was sent to members to ensure that the children and the elderly stayed at home.

Members of the Living Faith Church, aka Winners Chapel, Ikorodu, were seen washing their hands and making use of hand sanitizer on the church premises, where three services were held.

An usher in the church, Dele Goriola, said, “We have a team of compliance men to ensure that members comply with the measures put in place.”





Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Directs Tanker Drivers To Withdraw Services In Lagos

Avatar

Published

on




The Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) has directed tanker drivers to withdraw their services in Lagos as from Monday.

In a statement on Friday, Williams Akporeha, national president of the union, said the directive is as a result of the “failure of the state government to address some of its grievances”.

The planned industrial action may result to scarcity of fuel in the commercial city.

“The entire rank and file members of the union are deeply pained, frustrated and agonised by the barrage of these challenges being consistently faced by petroleum tanker drivers in Lagos State and are left with no other option but to direct the withdrawal of their services in Lagos State until the Lagos State Government and other relevant stakeholders address these critical challenges,” the statement read.

“It is sad and disheartening to note here that we had made several appeals and reports to the Lagos State Government and the Presidential Task Force for the decongestion of Apapa on these challenges but all to no avail.

“We resolved to embark on an indefinite strike beginning from 12 am, Monday, August 10, 2020 if there are no decisive and convincing actions from the Lagos State Government to address these concerns and challenges.”

The union listed its challenges to include extortion by security agents, traffic gridlocks hindering the drivers’ movements as well as harassment by hoodlums across the state.

“It is really disturbing and as well inexplicable that security agents who are expected to ensure free-flow of traffic and protection of road users now use their uniforms and arms to intimidate, harass and extort money from Petroleum Tanker Drivers.” the statement read.

“This reprehensible conduct is taking serious tolls on the psychological, emotional, and financial state of Petroleum Tanker Drivers and their capacity to effectively and efficiently deliver services to the nation.

“This menace must stop and the leadership of these security operatives in Lagos State must go all out to call their men to order with immediate effect. Every one of them should be content with their salaries and allowances rather than turning hapless Petroleum Tanker Drivers to money-making machines.

“Persistent traffic gridlock and indiscriminate parking of containerized trucks on major Lagos roads and bridges leading to Apapa port, Kirikiri, Beach Land, Satellite Town, Ijegun, are another major setback bedeviling the smooth running of the operations of Petroleum Tanker Drivers in Lagos State.

“For safety reasons, Petroleum Tanker Drivers cannot continue to struggle with these containerized trucks in these corridors considering the inflammable nature of the products our members carry and we cannot afford to undermine safety standards, procedures, and protocols in the course of our services.

“This is a situation that appears to have defied solution, considering the government’s non-intervention, lack of sensitivity over the years and collusion by those called upon by the Presidency to proffer solutions to the problem.”

NUPENG also said Lagos has become a “safe haven for area boys and area god-fathers who now see Petroleum Tanker Drivers as soft targets.”

It said petrol tanker drivers battle with “both Area Boys and Area God-fathers” amid the bad roads in the state, adding that a distance of about 10 kilometres “now takes seven to eight hours of maneuvers and meandering by petrol tankers,” during which they are endangered.

“Without sounding immodest, further delay in their repairs portends greater danger to the citizenry,” the union said.

“Consequently, as a socially responsible organization, we have made wide consultations with various leadership organs of our Union and with other key stakeholders in the oil and gas industry and therefore resolved to embark on an indefinite strike beginning from 12 am, Monday, August 10, 2020, if there are no decisive and convincing actions from Lagos State Government to address these concerns and challenges.”




Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Senator To Sue Akpabio For Mentioning His Name In NDDC Contract Scam

Avatar

Published

on




The Chairman of the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions in the 8th Senate, Senator Sam Anyanwu, said on Tuesday that he had directed his lawyers to file lawsuits against the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio.

Anyanwu, who addressed journalists in Abuja, said he was dragging Akpabio to court for mentioning his name among lawmakers, who had links to the projects awarded by the Niger Delta Development Commission in 2018.

The senator, who was also a member of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs in the 8th Senate, denied being a beneficiary of the NDDC projects.

Anyanwu said, “I tried calling him (Akpabio), a couple of times, he has not picked my calls.

“By tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday, my lawyers are going to write to Akpabio to retract it or give us the facts after which, if he doesn’t do anything about this, I will take the next step.

“I was shocked that the Honourable Minister of Niger Delta Affairs could mention my name that I was awarded contracts.

“I am from Imo State, which is one of the oil-producing states and a member of NDDC; if you remember, it was because of the suffering of the South-East that I moved and sponsored the bill for South-East Development Commission.

“As a member of the committee on NDDC, I attracted projects to my constituency, no contract was ever awarded to me.

“I’m using this medium to call on NDDC to go to my constituency and complete the projects they have started.”

Akpabio had in a letter to the Speaker, House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, on July 23, linked Senators Peter Nwaoboshi, Mathew Urhoghide, James Manager and Anyanwu, to the contracts awarded by the NDDC in 2018.

All the federal lawmakers he mentioned had, however, denied being beneficiaries of the said contracts.




Continue Reading




JoIn Us On Facebook


Live COVID-19 statistics for
World
Confirmed
20,088,890
Recovered
12,279,869
Deaths
736,223
Last updated: 5 seconds ago






Most Popular

COVID-19 LIVE UPDATE

BE SAFE, STAY AT HOME