Connect with us

BIG STORY

EFCC Re-Arraigns Fayose, Gets Court’s Permission To Travel Abroad For Treatment

Avatar

Published

on

The federal high court in Lagos has granted the request of Ayodele Fayose, former governor of Ekiti state, to travel abroad for medical treatment as he claimed to be sick.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) re-arraigned the former governor for alleged money laundering on Tuesday.

The court had, on Friday, adjourned Fayose’s re-arraignment till July 2.

The case was assigned to Chukwujekwu Aneke after 13 witnesses testified against the lack of confidence in Mojisola Olatoregun, the judge who was previously presiding over the case.

Ola Olanipekun, Fayose’s lawyer, pleaded with the judge to enable the former governor to travel abroad for medical treatment.

Aneke granted the application and ordered that Fayose must return his international passport to the court on or before September 16.

The case has been adjourned to September 16 for trial.

Fayose was first arraigned with his company, Spotless limited, in October last year, on an 11-count charge of receiving cash payment of $5 million from Musiliu Obanikoro, the minister of state for defence, at the time without going through any financial institution.

EFCC said that the sum exceeded the amount allowed by law.

Fayose and one Agbele were also alleged to have taken possession of N1.2 billion for purposes of funding his gubernatorial election campaign.

It also said that Fayose retained N300 million in his bank account and took control of N622 million, which sums, he ought to know, formed part of crime proceeds.

It equally alleged that Fayose procured De Privateer Ltd. and Still Earth Ltd. to retain in their bank accounts, the aggregate sum of N851 million which formed part of crime proceeds.

The EFCC said that Fayose used N1.6 billion to acquire property in Lagos and Abuja, adding that the sum was part of crime proceeds.

It added that the former governor used N200 million, which was part of crime proceeds, to acquire a property in Abuja in the name of his elder sister, Moji Oladeji.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Aneke adjourned the case to September 16 for trial.

Photo Credit: Legit

BIG STORY

Okorocha Stole N1trillion From Imo State, He Must Account For All His Evil Deeds —– Gov Ihedioha

Peter Okunoren

Published

on

Imo State Governor, Emeka Ihedioha, has accused former Governor Rochas Okorocha, of stealing N1trillion while in power.

This was contained in a statement on Friday issued by his Special Adviser on Media, Steve Osuji.

“Available records show that in eight years, former Governor Okorocha mismanaged about One Trillion Naira belonging to Imo State”, he said.

“We are taking our time in unveiling the numerous atrocities of the last administration and certainly, he must answer for all the evil he did against the people of Imo State.

“It is very strange that a former Governor could sit and concoct lies. How could Governor Emeka Ihedioha spend N2.8b on sanitation? What was it used for? Okorocha’s problem is that he is so used to lies that he no longer knows the difference between lies and the truth.

“The state spends only about Twenty-Five Million Naira on sanitation and the bulk of the funds come from support from corporate organizations as part of their corporate social responsibility.

“Okorocha also alleged that Governor Ihedioha has, within two months in office, built a Hotel in Abuja and new houses in Owerri and his village. This further shows that the man, Okorocha is sick.

“As at today, Governor Ihedioha operates from his private residence in Owerri, following the pillage and vandalisation of Government House by former Governor Okorocha and his cronies.

“How could he say the Governor is building new houses when he owns a palatial residence in Owerri, where he operates from and mansions in his village, built many years ago? The question is – are houses built in two months?

“Only Okorocha can build a house in two months and it collapses after a short while. Imo people already know that Okorocha is a habitual liar and should not be taken seriously.

“The truth is that Okorocha wrecked Imo State. All he is doing is to attempt to divert the attention of Imo people. Unfortunately, Imo people are smarter than that.

“He also claimed that Governor Ihedioha did not win the last election. So who won? He cannot get over the fact that his puppet in-law failed; he is also in pains that he has not been able to extend his dynasty in Imo.

“But no amount of falsehood will deter the people’s governor, Ihedioha from fulfilling his electoral promise of rebuilding Imo State. The present administration shall remain on course in its efforts to recover Imo people’s funds and property looted by Rochas Okorocha and his cronies,” he said.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Shame Of A Nation: 80 Nigerians Named In US Largest Fraud Case [FULL LIST]

Avatar

Published

on

It is indeed another embarrassing moment for Nigeria as 80 Nigerians have been named in what FBI is describing as the largest fraud case in America’s history.

Using the infamous love scam amongst other various schemes, there has been a massive conspiracy to steal millions of dollars from unsuspecting victims.

The unfortunate scam machinery has seen to Americans swindled to the tune of $1.1 billion between January and July 2019 alone. In what is fast becoming a global scandal, the FBI has dropped the list of the 80 names most of them, Nigerian locals. This involves those specializing in love scams and even popular car dealers on Island.

A US attorney, Nick Hanna who made the revelation on National TV disclosed that the fraudsters connived with government agencies to perpetrate the act.

“A 252-count federal grand jury indictment unsealed today charges 80 defendants, most of whom are Nigerian nationals, with participating in a massive conspiracy to steal millions of dollars through a variety of fraud schemes and launder the funds through a Los Angeles-based money laundering network,”the department of justice of the Central District of California said in a statement on its website.

According to a full statement released by the US authorities, the suspects either played major roles in the alleged fraud or acted as accomplices.

The statement read: “This case is part of our ongoing efforts to protect Americans from fraudulent online schemes and to bring to justice those who prey upon American citizens and businesses.

“Today, we have taken a major step to disrupt criminal networks that use BEC schemes, romance scams and other frauds to fleece victims. This indictment sends a message that we will identify perpetrators – no matter where they reside – and we will cut off the flow of ill-gotten gains.”

“Investigations revealed that members of the conspiracy sometimes wired funds to other bank accounts under their control or withdrew same as cash or negotiable instruments such as cashier’s checks.

“The suspects often “used illicit money exchangers to move funds overseas, generally avoiding transferring the funds directly through banking institutions, the indictment alleges.

“To do this, Iro and Igbokwe coordinated the transfer of a victim’s funds from a fraudulent bank account they controlled to US bank accounts belonging to illicit money exchangers.

“Those money exchangers, in turn, used a Nigerian banking application to transfer other funds in naira (₦), the currency of Nigeria, from Nigerian bank accounts they controlled to the Nigerian bank accounts specified by Iro and Igbokwe,” the statement said.

Here are the names of the Nigerian suspects indicted in the alleged fraud case:

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

HELP!!! 25-year-old Orphan Stranded In LUTH, Three Months After Stomach Surgery [PHOTOS]

Avatar

Published

on

A 25-year-old Nigerian orphan, Adeniyi Onalaja, a generator repairer, has been in the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, Lagos in the last three months after undergoing surgery in his stomach.

His ordeal started when he was experiencing pain in his stomach and the journey began from a hospital at Agbowa, Ikorodu and he was eventually referred to LUTH on April 4, 2019.

Upon medical examination, he was advised to go for a CT-Scan and this showed that a tumor was growing in his stomach and he was scheduled for emergency surgery on April 10, 2019, after signing an undertaking that funds will be made available.

Afterward, there was a little complication that made him undergo another surgery because he could neither sleep nor eat on April 23, 2019. He has since been a resident of Ward E6 in the hospital.

According to Onalaja, who hails from Ijebu-Ode, his father passed on in 2006 and his mother died not more than a month ago. He is currently owing the hospital about Six Hundred Thousand Naira (N600,000) only which are the expenses incurred from the surgery, admission, laundry, and drugs from the pharmacy.

The orphan said he is currently living on the remnants of other patients on admission in the Ward because he has nobody catering for him. He expressed his readiness to fend for himself through his generator repairing skills if he has the opportunity to leave the hospital.

He is appealing to well-meaning Nigerians to please help me out of his travail. Adeniyi Onalaja can be reached on 08165635903 and financial assistance will be appreciated, payment can be made into his Sister’s bank account- Bassey Rukayat Aduke, 3107620191, First Bank.

 

Continue Reading

Most Popular