Connect with us

BIG STORY

Ajimobi, Commissioners ‘Stole’ Many Oyo Govt Vehicles, LG Chairmen Went Away With Fridges And TVs – Makinde’s Aide, Ilaka Raises Alarm

Avatar

Published

on

Chief Bisi Ilaka, the Chief of Staff to Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde, Saturday alleged that the immediate past governor of the state, Mr. Abiola Ajimobi, his commissioners and other top government functionaries went away with many government vehicles, especially new ones bought at the end of 2018 and early this year.

Ilaka made this revelation while speaking with journalists in Ibadan, the state capital.

He explained that Makinde, his deputy and himself have been riding in their personal vehicles since assumption of office because there are no vehicles to work with.

Ilaka, who was asked to confirm report of 11 missing government vehicles, said the actual number of vehicles Ajimobi and his aides went away with, would be ascertained at the conclusion of forensic verification of government assets.

Ilaka said, “We have only been in government for barely a week and a half. But from what we have seen so far, the scale of larceny by the last government is unprecedented. Everybody knows that getting cars is not the problem of the immediate past governor. Why did he take away government vehicles?

“If Ajimobi goes to a car showroom and asks to be supplied 11 cars, they will deliver the cars to him because they know they will get paid. We will take the steps we deem necessary on this.

“It is not limited to him. His commissioners have gone away with vehicles same as the heads of parastatals. There are no vehicles there and a lot of these cars were bought by the end of 2018 and early this year. Some were boarded for pittance.

“When we came in, we felt that most of us who share the political space in Oyo State are one way or the other brothers. So, we don’t want to go out as if we are witch-hunting anybody. But they are forcing our hand.

“We have a responsibility to the people of the state. We need to protect the resources of the state. If we to replace these vehicles, it will at a cost to the state. Why did they do this?

“Even the local government chairmen went away with fridges and TVs. I can’t understand their mindset. They say a fish rots from the head. If the governors had done this, what did we expect the commissioners, chairmen and heads of parastatals would do?

“We are peeling the onion layer by layer and within the next week or two, we will strive to retrieve a lot of these government properties that they have stolen. There is no other word for it. It is theft. And that is the kind of rape inflicted on the state in the last eight years. It is gratuitous.”

Ilaka added that some officials in the state Ministry of Justice had told him that only five or six out of the 12 SUVs the past government said it bought for the judiciary were supplied.

He disclosed that the Director of Public Prosecution in the state would be empowered “to chase these people down any foxhole they might get into,” stressing that never again would the state be subjected to this kind of stealing it witnessed in the last eight years.

He assured the people of the state that Makinde would protect their commonwealth and utilize the same for their welfare as well as the development of the state.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

BIG STORY

More Trouble For Sowore As FG Charges Him With Treason, Money Laundering; Accuses Him Of Insulting Buhari

Avatar

Published

on

The Federal Government on Friday filed seven counts of treasonable felony and money laundering against the Convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Mr Omoyele Sowore.

Sowore, the publisher of Sahara Reporters and a presidential candidate in the February 2019 presidential election, is charged along with Olawale Bakare, also known as Mandate.

The charges were signed on behalf of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), by Aminu Alilu, a Chief State Counsel in the Department of Public Prosecutions of the Federation, the Federal Ministry of Justice.

The charges were filed a day before the expiration of the detention order of the Federal High Court in Abuja permitting the Department of State Service to keep the activist for 45 days.

The detention order elapses on September 21.

In the charges instituted against the defendants, the prosecution accused Sowore and his co-defendant of committing conspiracy to commit treasonable felony in breach of section 516 of the Criminal Code Act by allegedly staging “a revolution campaign on September 5, 2019 aimed at removing the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria”.

The prosecution also accused them of committing the actual offence of reasonable felony in breach of section, 4(1)(c) of the Criminal Code Act, by using the platform of Coalition for Revolution, in August 2019 in Abuja, Lagos and other parts of Nigeria, to stage the #RevolutionNow protest allegedly aimed at removing the President.

It also accused Sowore of cybercrime offences in violation of section 24(1)(b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention) Act, by “knowingly” sending “messages by means of press interview granted on Arise Television network which you knew to be false for the purpose of causing insult, enmity, hatred and ill-will on the person of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

It also accused Sowore of money laundering offences in breach of section 15(1) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011 by alleged transferring by means of swift wire.

The sums of money he was said to have been involved in the alleged transfers were the sums of $19,975 on April 2, 2019; $20,475 on May 21, 2019, $16,975 on June 27, 2019, and another $16,975 on July 16, 2019.

The DSS arrested Sowore in Lagos on August 2, 2019, following his call for revolution in a protest he organised to take place in some major cities on August 5.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

COZA Reacts Officially To Allegations Against Biodun Fatoyinbo, Indicts Unnamed Pastors Of Jealousy; Says Busola Dakolo Never Had A Relationship With Their Founder

Peter Okunoren

Published

on

Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) has condemned what it called recent ‘unprovoked satanic campaign of calumny orchestrated against its leadership and members by agents of darkness.’

Ademola Adetuberu, Executive Senior Assistant to the Senior Pastor, in a statement on Saturday, said the church would like to break its silence and clear certain misconceptions and misinformation being churned out in order to misguide members of the church, public and relevant authorities.

It reads: “We stand with anyone who has been a victim of rape. We stand by our Founding and Senior Pastor, Rev. Biodun Fatoyinbo, who has been at the receiving end of organized blackmail and all sorts of attacks because of his innocence and we are sure that our faithful and unfailing God will vindicate him very soon.

“As for Busola Dakolo, justice will soon be served. We would like to, again, for the record reiterate that our Senior Pastor, Rev. Biodun Fatoyinbo has never had anything personal to do with her. Busola was not raped by Rev. Biodun Fatoyinbo, and she had never been in a relationship with him either.

“We see this ugly development fuelled by envy and sheer jealousy as an unnecessary distraction and a fight from the pit of hell against the ministry that God gave Rev. Biodun Fatoyinbo, as well as a declaration of war against the Church of Christ to which COZA is a flourishing branch under God’s grace.

“We are not unaware that certain pastors that felt threatened by the unprecedented growth of COZA and the grace of God upon His Servant are after some of our members, just making every effort to cash in on the attack against God’s servant. There was nothing they had not done behind the scene until this rape scandal.

“They are accusing our Pastor of snatching their members. Some are even asking why he couldn’t remain in Ilorin. Our focus is the Kingdom of God and winning souls for Christ. COZA is home to those who have sold out to Jesus. At COZA, we believe that every sent servant of God has his or her harvest field given to him or her by God and not by poaching souls or believers of another ministry.

“We, therefore, urge those sponsoring these evils to desist however if they do not, the God of vengeance will visit them. They should let Rev. Biodun Fatoyinbo continue freely with the divine mandate that our Lord Jesus Christ gave him. It is ungodly and sinful to be used by satan against the anointed”.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Police Arraign 15 Over Alleged Attempt To Kill Patience Jonathan, Rob Her Of N.3billion

Peter Okunoren

Published

on

Authorities of the Bayelsa State Police Command have arraigned 15 persons before the State High Court sitting in Yenagoa over an alleged plot to kill the former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan and rob her of her valuables worth over N.3billion.

A 17-count charge of conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit a felony with armed robbery, malicious injury to property, conspiracy to commit felony, stealing and burglary were filed against the suspects.

Those arraigned included Golden Vivian (40 years, Erama Deborah (45yrs),Precious Kingsley (20yrs), Vincent Olabiyi (28yrs),Ebuka Cosmos (25yrs), Williams Alamo (29yrs),Tamunokuro Abaku (32yrs) and Boma Oba (42yrs).

Others include Emmanuel Aginwa(42yrs), Emeka Benson (33yrs), Tamunosiki Achese Frisberesima (30yrs), Wariboko Salome (28yrs), Sahabi Lima (35yrs),Reginald Sunday(20yrs) and John Dashe(39yrs).

The charge sheet was signed by S. A. Ofoegbu Esq. O.C. Legal State Criminal Investigation Department, Yenagoa Bayelsa State.

Defending the accused persons are Stanley Damabide, Padiowei P.P. Tamuno, E. Samuel, Chuks Momoh.

They all pleaded not guilty to all the charges.

In the charge sheet, the count 1 accused the arraigned persons of conspiring to commit murder which is an offence punishable under section 252 of the Criminal code law cap. C14 Laws of Bayelsa State.

According to the charge, ”All the accused and some at large, sometime in the month of June 2019 at Otuoke community in Ogbia local government within the Ogbia Judicial Division of the state high court did conspire to kill Her Excellency, Dame Patience Jonathan, former first lady, there committed an offense.’

”That you and some other persons at large, on the same date and place aforementioned Judicial division of Bayelsa did steal seven gold bangles and pieces of jewelry, five Samsung Air Conditioner, Two sets of upholstery chairs, six Samsung flat-screen television stands at two hundred Million Naira (N200,000,000). These are the property of Dame Patience Jonathan and thereby committed an offense.”

It would be recalled that operatives of the Operation Puff Adder of the State Police Command had in June arrested some persons over alleged involvement in the illegal entry into his home in Otuoke community in Ogbia Local Government area, carting away pieces of jewelry, custom made walking stick and other valuables worth over N.3billion.

It was gathered that one of the arrested suspects, who is a management staff of the Aridolf Resort, Hotel and Spa owned by the former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan had mysteriously duplicated the keys to the rooms where the valuables were kept and led the forceful entry and gradual looting of the valuables.

It was also gathered that after some domestic staff to the former President discovered he was informed and he quickly called in men of the Bayelsa Police Command to effect their arrest and recover the looted valuables.

Continue Reading




JoIn Us On Facebook



Most Popular