Connect with us

/">

BIG STORY

Tambuwal Blows Hot Over ‘Plot To Stop His Second Term Inauguration’

Avatar

Published

on

The Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, has vowed to resist any attempt to stop his inauguration for the second term in office.

In a statement yesterday by his Senior Special Assistant on Special Duties, Alhaji Yusuf Dingyadi, the governor alleged of plots to cause political chaos in the state.

He said that certain individuals were spreading lies and creating confusion that the court was going to remove him from office and give power to the APC.

Tambuwal added that his posters along Birnin Kebbi Road, Maiduguri Road, Airport Road and some other areas within the metropolis had been removed and replaced with those of the APC governorship candidate.

Tambuwal stressed that only legal means could stop his government.

The statement reads, “Election is over, we have won the election and we have offered a hand of fellowship, we asked them to come so that we develop Sokoto State, they refused and went to court, why can’t they allow the court to pass its verdict?

“You can’t take your case to court and start making political noise and telling people lies when even the court has not started its own assignment.

“We are still in the process of pre-hearing, we didn’t even get to the time witnesses are called to testify on the election manipulation they alleged, yet they have started going round telling people lies, especially in the rural areas, they want to show that government is coming to them.”

The governor advised the opposition to allow the court to their work.

He continued, “PDP in Sokoto is not looking for any backdoor judgement. You allow the court to do what is needful, we have confidence in court because we won election with divine intervention.”

He called on law enforcement agencies in Sokoto to stop what he described as political rascality in Sokoto State.

“We don’t want any political crisis, we don’t want any tension in Sokoto, Sokoto people are peace-loving, we call on security agents to investigate and find out the sponsors of the political rascality in the state,” he said.

BIG STORY

JUST IN: Former NNPC GMB Baru Dies

Avatar

Published

on




The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has announced the death of its immediate pas Group Managing Director (GMD), Dr Maikanti Baru.

In a statement, the corporation said: “NNPC regrets to announce the demise of its former Group Managing Director (GMD), Dr. Maikanti Kacalla Baru, Friday night.”

Baru, a consummate Mechanical Engineer, died after a brief illness, NNPC Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs, Dr. Kennie Obateru stated.

He said NNPC Group Managing Director, Mallam Mele Kyari expressed shock over the sudden death of Dr. Baru, who was the 18th Group Managing Director of the Corporation.

Mallam Kyari described him as a man ‘of exemplary character and disposition.’

Baru, 60, who was at the helm of the Corporation from July 4th 2016 to July 7th 2019, died after a brief illness in an Abuja hospital.




Continue Reading

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Six Nigerian Air Force Officers Jailed Over Murder Of Former CDS, Alex Badeh

Avatar

Published

on




The General Court Martial (GCM) sitting in Abuja, has sentenced six Nigerian Air Force Personnel for criminal conspiracy, dereliction of duty over the gruesome murder of former Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh.

The sentences are however subject to confirmation by the Appropriate Superior Authority.

The convicted Officers were Squadron Leader Tom Gwani, Flight Sergeant Amu David, Flight Sergeant Philemon Degema, Flight Sergeant Sabo Simon, Sergeant Mukhtar Abdullahi and Sergeant Alfred Alexander.

Four of the personnel were detailed to provide armed escort for the late CDS, while two others were detailed for guard duty at his residence.

Badeh was killed on the 18 of December 2018 by unknown gunmen along Gitata-Keffi Highway in Nasarawa State, while returning from his farm.

In a statement by the Director of Public Relations and Information, Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, while delivering his judgment, the President of the GCM, Air Commodore David Aluku, pronounced the six accused personnel guilty of various charges including failure to perform Military duties, by absconding from the convoy of the deceased former CDS while it came under attack, as well as to conduct to the Prejudice of Service Discipline, for giving false statements.

According to the statement, the charges against the accused also included other Civil Offences of Criminal Conspiracy and Miscellaneous Offences Relating to Property, for illegally disposing of 79 rounds of 5.56mm live ammunition issued for the protection of the late CDS, among others”.

It added that “on the count of aiding and abetting, two of the personnel were found not guilty, while the other four personnel who were detailed to provide armed escort were handed various sentences.

“While pleading in mitigation, the Defence Counsels urged the Court to show leniency, describing the accused persons as first-time offenders.

“The sentences were announced as being subject to confirmation by the Appropriate Superior Authority”.




Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Nigeria Yet To Receive Ventilators From US, A Month After Trump’s Promise — FG

Avatar

Published

on




The federal government says it is yet to receive ventilators from the US.

On April 28, US President Donald Trump, during a telephone conversation with President Muhammadu Buhari, promised to send ventilators to support Nigeria in the fight against COVID-19.

Speaking at the presidential task force briefing on Thursday, Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, said the ventilators are yet to arrive in Nigeria.

He said there is no specific date for the arrival of the medical items, and that the information will be made public once the ventilators are received.

“On when the ventilators promised by President Trump will arrive, to the best of my knowledge, they have not arrived. When they do arrive it will be made known to the public,” he said.

On the efforts made by the information ministry in curbing the spread of COVID-19, Mohammed said there has been increased community sensitization against the disease.

He said there has been a series of jingles played on radio stations to enhance rural engagements.

“In addition, we also have support from 40 community and campus radio stations across the country awaiting our jingles,” he said.

“Our aggressive and sustained campaign on the Social Media has gained traction, in the last five days alone some of the videos we posted have been viewed over one million times.”




Continue Reading



JoIn Us On Facebook


Live COVID-19 statistics for
World
Confirmed
6,014,461
Recovered
2,492,884
Deaths
371,913
Last updated: 3 minutes ago






Most Popular

COVID-19 LIVE UPDATE

BE SAFE, STAY AT HOME