Connect with us

/">

NEWS

Nigeria Police List Criteria For Having Sex In A Car [SEE LIST]

Peter Okunoren

Published

on

The Nigeria Police Force has listed the criteria to have sex in a car for it not to be a crime.

The position of the police was made known by the Head of its Public Complaints Rapid Response Unit, Abayomi Shogunle, who said having sex in a car is in itself not a crime.

Tweeting a response to a question on his Twitter handle, Shogunle said in response to if it is a crime to have sex in a car: “No.

“Sex in a car in a public place is not a crime in Nigeria, provided the location is not a place of worship; both persons are 18 years and above; the act is consensual (agreed to by parties); parties are of opposite sex.

“If threatened with an arrest over above, please report to the Police.”

The issue came up after an incident last week during which a couple was harassed by a mob for having sex in a car.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

BIG STORY

Killer Juice: Don’t Take Products Not Approved By NAFDAC, Lagos Warns Residents

Avatar

Published

on




The Lagos State Commissioner for Information, Mr Gbenga Omotoso, on his part, advised residents to check the expiry dates of the products they consumed.

Omotoso, in an interview with one of our correspondents, also urged residents of the state not to consume products that were not certified by NAFDAC.

Reacting to the story of the sales of expired citric acid powdered drinks in Kano State, the commissioner said the state consumer protection agency would not allow the ‘killer drink’ to be sold in the state.

He said, “We have a consumer protection agency saddled with the responsibility of curbing fake products and prosecuting people selling such.

“People must watch out for expiry dates on the products they consume and they have to ensure that such products are NAFDAC approved.”

Omotoso also assured residents of the state that there was no need to panic about the ‘killer drink.’




Continue Reading

BIG STORY

BREAKING: IGP Disbands Police Monitoring Units In Lagos, Port Harcourt Over Complaints Of Harassments

Avatar

Published

on




Acting Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba, has ordered the immediate disbandment of the IGP Monitoring Satellite Offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt over complaints of harassment and operating beyond their briefs by Nigerians.

Speaking at his maiden meeting with Command Police Commissioners and zonal AIGs, in Abuja on Thursday, Baba said the IGP Monitoring Units will be re-organized.

The development is coming 24 hours after the Police Service Commission asked the IGP to check the proliferation of police investigating units.

The commission stated that the units were bringing huge embarrassments to the force.

The commission Chairman, Musiliu Smith, said there must be proper and close monitoring of police investigative units to stem the atrocities its officials committed in the line of duty.

The retired IGP had also stressed the need to quickly treat cases of misconduct by the officers “so that those found wanting are brought to book”.

Details later…




Continue Reading

BIG STORY

JUST IN: Obaseki Blasts Finance Minister, Insists FG Printed N60bn

Avatar

Published

on




Edo Governor Godwin Obaseki has faulted the Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, for denying that the Federal Government printed N60 billion in March to support allocation to states.

Obaseki has said he won’t join issues with the Federal Government over his claim that N60 billion was printed in March to support allocation to states.

Obaseki had lamented the fiscal state of the nation, stating Nigeria is in financial trouble.

While speaking at the Edo state transition committee stakeholders engagement over the weekend, he claimed the Federal Government printed money to bridge FAAC allocation.

“When we got FAAC for March, the federal government printed additional N50-N60 billion to top-up for us to share,” he had said.

But it was reported on Wednesday the Federal Government faulted his claim, dismissing it as untrue.

The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, said Obaseki’s claim was very sad because it was “untrue”.

Reacting to the counter-reaction on Thursday, Obaseki, through his official Twitter handle, said: “We believe it is our duty to offer useful advice for the benefit of our country

“The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, @ZShamsuna should rally Nigerians to stem the obvious fiscal slide facing our country.

“Rather than play the Ostrich, we urge the government to take urgent steps to end the current monetary rascality so as to prevent the prevailing economic challenge from degenerating further.

“We believe it is imperative to approach the Nigerian project with all sense of responsibility and commitment and not play to the gallery because ultimately time shall be the judge of us all.”




Continue Reading

Most Popular