Connect with us

BIG STORY

More Trouble For Dancing Senator Adeleke As Osun PDP Members Sue Him Over Fake Certificate

Avatar

Published

on

Ademola Adeleke, the People’s Democratic Party Governorship candidate in the Osun September 22 gubernatorial election, has been sued by three members of his party.

The plaintiffs sought Adeleke’s disqualification from the September 22 governorship election for allegedly submitting fake certificates to get the PDP ticket.

Two PDP members, Rasheed Olabayo and Idowu Oluwaseun, had earlier approached the court to disqualified Senator Adeleke over the allegation that he did not possess necessary certificate and urged the court to restrain PDP from presenting him to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the candidate of the party.

But On August 8, Justice David Oladimeji, in his judgment, cleared Adeleke to contest the September 22 governorship election.

However, a fresh suit was filed by Awoosiyan Olalekan, Ojejade Thomas and Awodire Sina before Federal High Court, Osogbo, against Adeleke, PDP, and INEC.

The plaintiffs, in an originating, summons dated October 30th, 2018, through their counsel, Gboyega Oyewole, SAN, said that the participation of Adeleke at, and his return as the winner of the governorship primary conducted by the PDP on the 21st of July, 2018 for the purpose of him being the candidate of the party and his subsequent participation in the governorship election of the 22nd of September, 2018 as the party’s candidate, was null and void because he presented false information to the electoral commission.

They also told the court that all votes allocated to the Adeleke at, and his return as the winner of the primary election, which led to his nomination and the subsequent participation of Adeleke in the governorship election as the PDP candidate should be voided on account of ineligibility, false information, and submission of false documents.

They urged the court to determine whether Adeleke should not have been disqualified from flying the flag of PDP on account of ineligibility, false information, and submission of false documents he allegedly presented to INEC.

Other prayers of the plaintiffs are: “An order of court directing the 3rd Defendant (INEC) to strike out and/or delete the name of the 1st Defendant (Adeleke) as the candidate presented to the 3rd Defendant having not met the constitutional requirement for his qualification and eligibility to contest or participate as a Governorship candidate in the Osun State Governorship Election held on the 22nd of September, 2018.”

“An order of perpetual injunction restraining the 1st Defendant (Adeleke) from parading himself or holding himself out in any manner or guise whatsoever as the nominated governorship candidate of the 2nd Defendant for the Osun State Governorship Election held on the 22nd of September, 2018.”

”An order of perpetual injunction restraining the 3rd Defendant (INEC) from dealing with or continuing to deal with or otherwise recognize the 1st Defendant as the validly nominated candidate of the 2nd Defendant (PDP) for the Osun State Governorship Election, 2018.”

“An order replacing the name of the 1st Defendant (Adeleke) with the name of Dr. Akin Ogunbiyi, the 1st runner-up at the said primary election conducted by the 2nd Defendant on the 21st of July, 2018, as the winner of the said primary election and thereby the candidate of the 2nd Defendant for the purpose of the Osun State Governorship election held on the 22nd of September, 2018 in compliance with the Constitution of the 2nd Defendant (PDP)) and its electoral guideline.”

“An order declaring the 1st runner-up, Dr. Akin Ogunbiyi at the said primary election conducted by the 2nd Defendant (PDP) on the 21st of July, 2018, as the winner of the said primary election, thereby the candidate of the 2nd Defendant (PDP) for the purpose of the Osun State Governorship election held on the 22nd of September, 2018 having won the highest of lawful votes cast by delegates at the said primary election and in compliance with the Constitution of the 2nd Defendant and its electoral guideline.”

The respondents have twenty-one days to respond to the reliefs sought by the plaintiffs.

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Minister Of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi Attacked By ‘Misguided’ Nigerians In Spain

Avatar

Published

on

Some persons described as “misguided Nigerians” on Friday attacked the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, in Spain.

Amaechi said he was attacked at an event on climate change held in Madrid, Spain.

The minister disclosed this on his Twitter handle, @ChibuikeAmaechi.

He said Spanish police officers succeeded in stopping his attackers before they could hurt him.

He did not disclose the identities of his attackers.

The minister had tweeted:

Recall that the immediate past Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, in August, confirmed a physical assault on him by some members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra in Nuremberg, Germany,

Ekweremadu confirmed the attack in a statement released by his Media Assistant, Uche Anichukwu, in Abuja.

The senator, who also gave an account of the event on his social media handle @iamekweremadu, also said that he was safe.

He condemned the attack and said he had immediately reported it to the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Mr. Yusuf Tuggar.

Ekweremadu had said, “I attended the Second Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organized by Ndi-Igbo Germany in Nurnberg today where I was billed to give a keynote address along with the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who, however, could not make it eventually.

“I was given a resounding welcome by Ndigbo in Germany and everything went smoothly until some men, who identified themselves as IPOB members stormed the venue and began to complain about the killings in the South East, stressing that there would be no Igbo event at the venue.

“I tried to engage them, but when they became unruly, I had to leave the venue. The organizers also invited the police and I was accompanied out of the venue.

“Much as I am disappointed in their conduct, especially as I am one of the persons who have spoken up on justice for Ndigbo, the Python Dance, judicial killings in Igbo land and elsewhere both on the floor of the Senate and in my written and personal engagements with the Presidency and the media as well as rallied the southeast Senate Caucus to secure Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s release with Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe taking him on bail to douse tension in the South East, I nevertheless do not hold this to heart against them, for they know not what they do.”

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Sowore Vs DSS: Suspend The Nigerian Constitution, Declare Full Military Regime —- Deji Adeyanju Advises Buhari

Gbemileke Ajayi

Published

on

Convener of Concerned Nigerian, Deji Adeyanju, on Friday charged President Muhammadu Buhari to suspend the country’s constitution, disband National Assembly.

Speaking with newsmen, Adeyanju also charged Buhari to abrogate the judiciary and transform into a Military Head of State because he is a “tyrant.”

He was reacting after operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, invaded the courtroom of an Abuja Federal High Court, chased away lawyers before re-arresting Omoyele Sowore, convener of RevolutionNow Movement.

Adeyanju said: “This is tyranny taken too far. We are now in a full military regime. Buhari should suspend the constitution, disband the national assembly, abrogate the judiciary and come out fully as military head of state.

“You saw the way they stormed the court like gangsters, chased away lawyers and took him away.

“Buhari is a tyrant. He has no human Sympathy.”

This is coming less than a day after he was released by the DSS after an Abuja Federal High Court ordered for his release within 24 hours.

Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu also ordered the DSS to pay the sum of N100,000 to Sowore, for refusing to release him on bail despite two court orders to that effect.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Hadiza Lied! We Never Sponsored Thugs To Harass NPA MD – Ocean Marine Solutions

Avatar

Published

on

The management of Ocean Marine Solutions Limited (OMSL) has debunked any knowledge or involvement in the physical attack of the Managing Director of Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Ms. Hadiza Bala Usman, at the National Assembly.

NPA boss Ms. Hadiza Usman petitioned the President of the Senate, Dr. Ahmad Lawan alleging that she was physically attacked by hoodlums at the premises of the National Assembly in Abuja on Tuesday.

She claimed that her attack was sponsored by Chairman of Messrs Ocean Maritime Solutions Limited (OMSL), Captain Wells Okunbo apparently over the decision of the NPA on the Secure Anchorage issue after attending an investigative hearing in the Assembly.

She said that she was only saved a bigger assault by her security agents who took her into Senator Danjuma Goje’s office where she waited for the hoodlums to leave.

Reacting to the allegation, Commodore Chuma Adogu (rtd), said the allegation was a falsehood and a figment of imagination, saying the Chairman of OMSL, Captain Wells Okunbo, a fine gentleman who has served the nation diligently in various capacities, could not have sponsored thugs to attack the NPA boss.

Commodore Adogu (retired) noted that on that Tuesday there was no any sign of such alleged attach or rented crowd in the premises of the National Assembly that could warrant such allegation, maintaining that OMSL Management came to the National Assembly just like other invited organizations on the day of the investigation by the Joint Committee of the Senate investigating the Secure Anchorage Area (SAA).

‘’On the day of the investigation at the National Assembly, we came like other invited organizations and we never came with any thugs or rented crowd to harass anybody talkless the Managing Director of NPA. The security at the premises of the National Assembly was very tight as everybody was routinely checked and controlled while entering thus forestalling any rented crowd or thugs to gain entrance. We came before the panel and presented our position in the SAA without nursing hatred against anyone.

‘’Let me make it clear to the Nigerian public that OMSL is a responsible corporate organization with a lot of Nigerians working as its employees. We are mindful of this and never can we trade it away. I repeat we do not have hands nor did our Chairman sponsor any group of thugs to attack Ms. Hadiza Bala Usman. We see this as part of the attempts to discredit OMS and distract attention from the main issue which is already with the Senate’’ he submitted.

Continue Reading

Most Popular