Kogi State Government has approved the appointment of 54 Senior Special Assistants to the Governor into the various offices in the administration.
A statement today by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Mrs. AyoadeFolashadeArike, in Lokoja, said the appointments are effective from 1st of April, 2017.
The rationale for the additional appointees at the state level, the statement read, is to “plug identified gaps in service delivery, fill key positions with the right people and to broaden inclusiveness in governance by bringing people from more communities on board.”
According to the statement, in addition to the 54 Senior Special Assistants appointed, nine Special Assistants to the Governor as Federal Constituency Supervisors for the GYB Connect Programme has also been approved.
The statement said the appointment is to recognise and encourage outstanding contributions to the New Direction Agenda.
The statement added that the nine Special Assistants will also act as direct liaisons between the present administration and the Local Government Ward Coordinators of the GYB Connect Programme.
The newly appointed Senior Special Assistants (SSAs)and their Local Government Areas (LGAs) are are:
- Hon. Abdullahi Bello –SSA to the Governor on Political Matters, Kogi Central (Adavi LGA)
- HajiaLadi Mariam Ibrahim – SSA to the Governor on Land Matters (Adavi LGA)
- Sandra Musa – SSA to the Governor on Women and Children Development (Ajaokuta LGA)
- Abdulraheem Baba Aliyu – SSA to the Governor on Security and Intelligence, Kogi Central (Ajaokuta)
- Abdusalam Yahaya – SSA to the Governor on Political Matters, Kogi East (Ankpa LGA)
- Amodu Hassan – SSA to the Governor on Persons with Disabilities (Ankpa LGA)
- Abubakar Muhammed Muktar – SSA to the Governor on Youth Empowerment, Kogi East (Ankpa LGA)
- Ibrahim Tahiti – SSA to the Governor on Security and Intelligence, Kogi East (Ankpa LGA)
- Abdullahi Br. Musa – SSA to the Governor on Civil Service and Labour Relations (Bassa LGA)
- Tukura Grace – SSA to the Governor on Primary Healthcare Institutions (Bassa LGA)
- Omonu Joshua – SSA to the Governor on Student Affairs (Dekina LGA)
- IsiakaNuhu – SSA to the Governor on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Kogi East (Dekina LGA)
- Mariam Ibrahim – SSA to the Governor onTourism (Dekina LGA)
- Yakubu Ocholi – SSA to the Governor on Emergency (Dekina LGA)
- David Adutu – Management SSA to the Governor on Informal and Vocational Education (Ibaji LGA)
- Achuba Anthony – SSA to the Governor on Special Duties (Ibaji LGA)
- Ibrahim Odoma – SSA to the Governor on Housing and Estate (Idah LGA)
- Dan Achema – SSA to the Governor on Mineral Resources (Idah LGA)
- Benjamin Amodu – SSA to the Governor on Rural/Urban Infrastructural Development/Project Monitoring (Igalamela-Odolu LGA)
- Jibril Usman Courage – SSA to the Governor on Education, Primaru Schools (Igalamela-Odolu LGA)
- Faleke Sunday Idowu – SSA to the Governor on Administration, Strategy and Planning (Ijumu LGA)
- Emmanuel Obadunmi – SSA to the Governor on Internally-Generated Revenue (Ijumu LGA)
- SegunOlobatoke – SSA to the Governor on Sports (Kabba-Bunu LGA)
- OlakunleJagun – SSA to the Governor on Security and Intelligence (Kabba-Bunu LGA)
- ShabanOhinoyiShuaibu- SSA to the Governor on Secondary Healthcare Institutions (Kogi LGA)
- Shuaibu Musa – SSA to the Governor on Sanitation and Environment (Kogi LGA)
- Nda Aaron Alhassan – SSA to the Governor on Mobilisation (Lokoja LGA)
- Abdulmalik Suleiman – SSA to the Governor on Youth Empowerment (Lokoja LGA)
- Mahmud Alfa Mekudi – SSA to the Governor on Tertiary Healthcare Institutions (Lokoja LGA)
- Ali Mamud – SSA to the Governor on Cultural Integration (Lokoja LGA)
- Ishola David Sunday – SSA to the Governor on Political Matters, Kogi West (Mopa-Amuro)
- MayowaAlaiyemola – SSA to the Governor on Water Resources (Mopa-Amuro)
- IsmailaIdis – SSA to the Governor on Agriculture Matters (Ofu LGA)
- Prince OkolikoOpaluwa – SSA to the Governor on Federal Agencies Matters (Ofu LGA)
- ObinAimila – SSA to the Governor on Special Duties (Ogori-Magongo LGA)
- Raymond Ekundayo – SSA to the Governor on Youth Empowerment, Kogi Central (Ogori-Magongo LGA)
- Akoh Jacobs Peter – SSA to the Governor on Commerce and Investment, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (Olamaboro LGA)
- Dan Ogbole – SSA to the Governor on Sustainable Development Goals (Olamaboro LGA)
- Barr. ShadrackOmeiza Emmanuel – SSA to the Governor on Legal Matters (Okehi LGA)
- Mercy Johnson – SSA to the Governor on Entertainment, Arts and Culture (Okehi LGA)
- Ismaila Umar – SSA to the Governor on Information Communication Technology (Okene LGA)
- Salihu Ibrahim – SSA to the Governor on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Kogi Central (Okene LGA)
- AlabiShuaibuOjo – SSA to the Governor on Transport and Logistics (Okene LGA)
- Idis A. Rasaq – SSA to the Governor on Rural/Urban Development/Project Monitoring, Kogi Central (Okene LGA)
- Malik Isa Teina – SSA to the Governor on Power (Okene LGA)
- Atuluku Victor Levi – SSA to the Governor on Media Matters (Omala LGA)
- Halima G. Abuh – SSA to the Governor on Tertiary Education (Omala LGA)
- AiyelabowoAdebanji – SSA to the Governor on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Kogi West (Yagba-East LGA)
- Liadi Fisayo – SSA to the Governor on Special Duties (Yagba-East LGA)
- Adebayo Toba Emmanuel – SSA to the Governor on Rural/Urban Development/Project Monitoring, Kogi West (Yagba-West LGA)
- OrebiyiTaiwo Emmanuel – SSA to the Governor on Pension Matters (Yagba-West LGA)
- Kelvin Uzochukwu – SSA to the Governor on non-Indigene Affairs (Non-Indigene)
- Dele AdeyanjuIselewa – SSA to the Governor on Secondary Education Institutions (Special Consideration/Obajana)
- Maj. Idogah Solomon Rtd. – SSA to the Governor on Security and Intelligence, State (Olamaboro)
The Special Assistants on GYB Connect Programme are as follows:
- MutariSalihuBajeh – Adavi-Okehi Federal Constituency
- Samuel Bello – Ajaokuta Federal Constituency
- Hon Idis Musa – Ankpa Federal Constituency
- Sulieman Bashir Lawal – Idah Federal Constituency
- Alhaji AkpaJibrilOmale – Dekina Federal Constituency
- SuliemanBababgo – Lokoja-Koto Federal Constituency
- Sarki Adams – Okene-Ogori Federal Constituency
- Arokoyo Julius Ojo – Kabba/Bunu-Ijumu Federal Constituency
- Florence Adeniyi – Yagba-MopaFederal Constituency
Headies: Omah Lay Wins Next Rated As Fireboy Grabs 4 Awards [ Full List Of Winners]
Popular Nigerian singer, Omah Lay won the ‘Next Rated Award’ at the 14th edition of the Headies which held on Sunday night.
The award which is the most sought-after category was keenly contested between Tems, Omah Lay, Oxlade, and Bella Shmurda.
Similarly, Fireboy left the 14th Headies with four awards as he won the Best R&B Album, Best R&B Single, Best Pop Album, and Revelation of the Year.
The 14th Headies Awards held at the Convention Centre, Eko Hotels and Suites, Lagos State.
Wizkid also made a special appearance at the Headies while also winning the Viewers Choice Award and Artiste of the Year.
Here are the list of Winners:
Next rated : Omah Lay
Rookie of the year: BadBoyTimz
Artiste of the year: Wizkid
Best Pop Album: Fireboy (Apollo)
Best Vocal male performance – Praiz
Best Vocal female Performance- Niniola
African Artist Recognition: Master KG
Best Street Hop artiste – Mayorkun
Best Recording of the year – Brymo
Best Music Video – One Milli by Director K
Best Pop Single- Nobody – Dj Neptune
Headies Revelation of the Year – Fireboy
Best Rap Single – Falz (Bop Daddy)
Best Alternative Song: Moelogo
Best Alternative Album: Roots (The Cavemen)
Songwriter of the Year: Simi (Duduke)
Best Rap Album: AQ (God’s Engineering)
Lyricist on the roll – ILLBliss (Country)
Best Collaboration- Only you (Ladipoe ft Simi)
Best R&B Single – Fireboy
Best R&B album – Fireboy
Viewers Choice – Wizkid
Producer of the Year: Pheelz
Headies Hall of Fame: King Sunny Ade
Special Recognition: Eedris Abdulkareem
70 Obas, Top Dignitaries To Grace Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Olofin of Ado-Odo’s Private Residence
All is now set for the official launching and foundation laying ceremony of the Ultra-Modern private residence of His Imperial Majesty, Oba Dr Abdul-Lateef Adeniran Akanni, the Olofin Adimula Of Ado-Odo, Awori Kingdom.
The event, which will take place on Saturday, 20th Of February, 2021 will have about 70 Obas and several dignitaries from different walks of life in attendance.
Taking place at the Ogun state housing co-operation in Ado-Odo, this record-breaking event will serve as another huge development in the community.
Oba Dr Abdul-Lateef Adeniran Akanni since his reign has brought massive development to Ado-Odo, making the community one of the most envious in terms of rapid growth and development.
JUST IN: Police Arrest Birthday Celebrant, 75 Other COVID-19 Violators In Lagos [PHOTO]
In a bid to ensure total compliance with the coronavirus protocol released by Federal Government, the Nigerian Police have arrested a birthday celebrant and 75 other guests and sealed the event center, FM Mogame, for aiding the contravention of the COVID-19 guidelines announced by the government to flatten the curve.
Those arrested at the party were Popoola Michael, Adeyemo Opeyemi, Ramon salami, Kareem Akeem, Balogun Nurudeen, and 71 other guests found within the event center located at John Ogunnaike Street, Ikeja Lagos
The celebrant and other guests arrested by the law enforcement agency were apprehended for organizing and attending a party with more than 50 persons within an enclosed area, a contravention of the coronavirus protocol approved to curtail community transmission of the virus.
Confirming the arrest, the spokesman for Lagos Command, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, in a statement on Saturday, said that the State’s Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, supervised the arrest and ensured the premises were sealed immediately to serve as a deterrent to other event center owners aiming to violate the law.
Adejobi explained that Odumosu ordered their arrest after a head-count revealed that the guest at the party were completely above the number stated in the protocol announced by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19.
According to him, the approval for the party was for 100 guests, outdoor, not indoor. The party had more than 300 guests in d Hall contrary to the Safety Commissions’ approval for events. And due to this, the place has been sealed up while the organizers have been arrested.
BIG STORY1 day ago
Joe Biden Revokes Trump’s Visa Ban On Green Card Applicants, Says US Businesses Harmed
BIG STORY6 hours ago
JUST IN: Drama As DSS, Police ‘Operation Burst’ Attempt To Arrest Sunday Igboho [VIDEO]
BIG STORY2 days ago
“Agreement With Us Was Breached, Buhari Should Come For Peace Talks” – Bandit Leader, Halilu Sububu [VIDEO]
BIG STORY15 hours ago
BREAKING: Gunmen Kidnap Over 300 Students In Zamfara Government Girls School
POLITICS1 day ago
Stop Disrespecting Me Or I Will Work Against You, Fayose Threatens Makinde
BIG STORY1 day ago
Police Funding: Senate Approves N1.3bn For Teargas, N1bn For Arms and Ammunitions, N9bn For Others [Full Breakdown]