Kogi State Government has approved the appointment of 54 Senior Special Assistants to the Governor into the various offices in the administration.
A statement today by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Mrs. AyoadeFolashadeArike, in Lokoja, said the appointments are effective from 1st of April, 2017.
The rationale for the additional appointees at the state level, the statement read, is to “plug identified gaps in service delivery, fill key positions with the right people and to broaden inclusiveness in governance by bringing people from more communities on board.”
According to the statement, in addition to the 54 Senior Special Assistants appointed, nine Special Assistants to the Governor as Federal Constituency Supervisors for the GYB Connect Programme has also been approved.
The statement said the appointment is to recognise and encourage outstanding contributions to the New Direction Agenda.
The statement added that the nine Special Assistants will also act as direct liaisons between the present administration and the Local Government Ward Coordinators of the GYB Connect Programme.
The newly appointed Senior Special Assistants (SSAs)and their Local Government Areas (LGAs) are are:
- Hon. Abdullahi Bello –SSA to the Governor on Political Matters, Kogi Central (Adavi LGA)
- HajiaLadi Mariam Ibrahim – SSA to the Governor on Land Matters (Adavi LGA)
- Sandra Musa – SSA to the Governor on Women and Children Development (Ajaokuta LGA)
- Abdulraheem Baba Aliyu – SSA to the Governor on Security and Intelligence, Kogi Central (Ajaokuta)
- Abdusalam Yahaya – SSA to the Governor on Political Matters, Kogi East (Ankpa LGA)
- Amodu Hassan – SSA to the Governor on Persons with Disabilities (Ankpa LGA)
- Abubakar Muhammed Muktar – SSA to the Governor on Youth Empowerment, Kogi East (Ankpa LGA)
- Ibrahim Tahiti – SSA to the Governor on Security and Intelligence, Kogi East (Ankpa LGA)
- Abdullahi Br. Musa – SSA to the Governor on Civil Service and Labour Relations (Bassa LGA)
- Tukura Grace – SSA to the Governor on Primary Healthcare Institutions (Bassa LGA)
- Omonu Joshua – SSA to the Governor on Student Affairs (Dekina LGA)
- IsiakaNuhu – SSA to the Governor on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Kogi East (Dekina LGA)
- Mariam Ibrahim – SSA to the Governor onTourism (Dekina LGA)
- Yakubu Ocholi – SSA to the Governor on Emergency (Dekina LGA)
- David Adutu – Management SSA to the Governor on Informal and Vocational Education (Ibaji LGA)
- Achuba Anthony – SSA to the Governor on Special Duties (Ibaji LGA)
- Ibrahim Odoma – SSA to the Governor on Housing and Estate (Idah LGA)
- Dan Achema – SSA to the Governor on Mineral Resources (Idah LGA)
- Benjamin Amodu – SSA to the Governor on Rural/Urban Infrastructural Development/Project Monitoring (Igalamela-Odolu LGA)
- Jibril Usman Courage – SSA to the Governor on Education, Primaru Schools (Igalamela-Odolu LGA)
- Faleke Sunday Idowu – SSA to the Governor on Administration, Strategy and Planning (Ijumu LGA)
- Emmanuel Obadunmi – SSA to the Governor on Internally-Generated Revenue (Ijumu LGA)
- SegunOlobatoke – SSA to the Governor on Sports (Kabba-Bunu LGA)
- OlakunleJagun – SSA to the Governor on Security and Intelligence (Kabba-Bunu LGA)
- ShabanOhinoyiShuaibu- SSA to the Governor on Secondary Healthcare Institutions (Kogi LGA)
- Shuaibu Musa – SSA to the Governor on Sanitation and Environment (Kogi LGA)
- Nda Aaron Alhassan – SSA to the Governor on Mobilisation (Lokoja LGA)
- Abdulmalik Suleiman – SSA to the Governor on Youth Empowerment (Lokoja LGA)
- Mahmud Alfa Mekudi – SSA to the Governor on Tertiary Healthcare Institutions (Lokoja LGA)
- Ali Mamud – SSA to the Governor on Cultural Integration (Lokoja LGA)
- Ishola David Sunday – SSA to the Governor on Political Matters, Kogi West (Mopa-Amuro)
- MayowaAlaiyemola – SSA to the Governor on Water Resources (Mopa-Amuro)
- IsmailaIdis – SSA to the Governor on Agriculture Matters (Ofu LGA)
- Prince OkolikoOpaluwa – SSA to the Governor on Federal Agencies Matters (Ofu LGA)
- ObinAimila – SSA to the Governor on Special Duties (Ogori-Magongo LGA)
- Raymond Ekundayo – SSA to the Governor on Youth Empowerment, Kogi Central (Ogori-Magongo LGA)
- Akoh Jacobs Peter – SSA to the Governor on Commerce and Investment, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (Olamaboro LGA)
- Dan Ogbole – SSA to the Governor on Sustainable Development Goals (Olamaboro LGA)
- Barr. ShadrackOmeiza Emmanuel – SSA to the Governor on Legal Matters (Okehi LGA)
- Mercy Johnson – SSA to the Governor on Entertainment, Arts and Culture (Okehi LGA)
- Ismaila Umar – SSA to the Governor on Information Communication Technology (Okene LGA)
- Salihu Ibrahim – SSA to the Governor on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Kogi Central (Okene LGA)
- AlabiShuaibuOjo – SSA to the Governor on Transport and Logistics (Okene LGA)
- Idis A. Rasaq – SSA to the Governor on Rural/Urban Development/Project Monitoring, Kogi Central (Okene LGA)
- Malik Isa Teina – SSA to the Governor on Power (Okene LGA)
- Atuluku Victor Levi – SSA to the Governor on Media Matters (Omala LGA)
- Halima G. Abuh – SSA to the Governor on Tertiary Education (Omala LGA)
- AiyelabowoAdebanji – SSA to the Governor on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Kogi West (Yagba-East LGA)
- Liadi Fisayo – SSA to the Governor on Special Duties (Yagba-East LGA)
- Adebayo Toba Emmanuel – SSA to the Governor on Rural/Urban Development/Project Monitoring, Kogi West (Yagba-West LGA)
- OrebiyiTaiwo Emmanuel – SSA to the Governor on Pension Matters (Yagba-West LGA)
- Kelvin Uzochukwu – SSA to the Governor on non-Indigene Affairs (Non-Indigene)
- Dele AdeyanjuIselewa – SSA to the Governor on Secondary Education Institutions (Special Consideration/Obajana)
- Maj. Idogah Solomon Rtd. – SSA to the Governor on Security and Intelligence, State (Olamaboro)
The Special Assistants on GYB Connect Programme are as follows:
- MutariSalihuBajeh – Adavi-Okehi Federal Constituency
- Samuel Bello – Ajaokuta Federal Constituency
- Hon Idis Musa – Ankpa Federal Constituency
- Sulieman Bashir Lawal – Idah Federal Constituency
- Alhaji AkpaJibrilOmale – Dekina Federal Constituency
- SuliemanBababgo – Lokoja-Koto Federal Constituency
- Sarki Adams – Okene-Ogori Federal Constituency
- Arokoyo Julius Ojo – Kabba/Bunu-Ijumu Federal Constituency
- Florence Adeniyi – Yagba-MopaFederal Constituency
Labo Entertainment Frontline Act Dotman Releases Much-Anticipated Debut Album ‘Enugbe’
Labo Entertainment’s frontline music act, Dotman, has released his much-awaited debut album ‘Enugbe’ after a painstaking moment in the studio working to satisfy the yearning of his teeming fans.
Since the release of his 2018 single track tagged ‘Iyawo Mi’, Dotman has not failed to show that he is a good singer and an entertainer. Ahead of ‘Iyawo Mi’, an African romance-inspired song, Dotman in 2016 dropped a hit single, ‘Akube’, which was well received and instantly catapulted him as an artiste to watch out for.
Labo Entertainment, an indigenous A-rated music label, signed Dotman as his single biggest catch yet. According to Olabisi Akanbi, the CEO of Labo Entertainment, his interest in Dotman is not focused in making a profit alone, but also, as an African, he is enticed primarily to the fast-rising singer’s unique creativity for quality music.
“It was his unique art that attracted me,” Akanbi declared to newsmen during the public launch of ‘Enugbe’, a Yoruba parlance for ‘Recession’, last Friday in Ikeja, Lagos State. He continued: “I had followed his style since he was an undergraduate at the University of Lagos. When he left UNILAG, I invited him for business and we both worked on the business proposal.
Born Olatunji Oladotun Alade, Dotman is six years old in the music industry, yet he is fast building his way up with his cool mien, current and witty slangs. His dream for the rapid rise in the industry, he said at the launch, is helped by the experience he garnered featuring in musical collaborations with top names like Davido, 9ice, Mr Eazi, and some others.
Both Dotman and Labo Entertainment CEO reiterated their contractual terms to remain ‘brothers’ irrespective of unseen circumstances, with Akanbi promising to throw everything in his possession to make Dotman a global brand while the partnership lasts.
Labo Entertainment which hitherto had other music acts such as Konga, Sideone, Ecoman, and Smapee on its label also used the ‘Enugbe’ launch to introduce another promising showbiz act, DJ Tough.
Temi Otedola, Tobi Bakre, Denola Grey, Lateef Adedimeji Makes BON Awards 2020 Nominee List [FULL LIST]
The Best Of Nollywood Awards (BON) has unveiled its nominee’s in the various categories for the 2020 edition of the awards.
The annual, traveling, pan-Nigerian awards, currently in its 12th year, is scheduled to hold in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State come December 5.
Movies like Elevator Baby, Sugar Rush, The Sessions, Wede, This Lady Called Life, and Living In Bondage(Breaking Free) have been nominated in the movie of the year category.
Other categories include Director of the year, Best kiss in a movie, the most promising actor of the year, the movie with the best sound among others.
Among actors nominated in several categories are Adesuwa Etomi, Efa Iwara, Bisola Aiyeola, and Abisola Adebayo.
Present at the virtual announcement, which took place via zoom include founder and organizer of the Awards, Seun Oloketuyi; star actress, Joke Silva; comedian and media personality, Gbenga Adeyinka who hosted the event.
Others include actor par excellence, Segun Arinze; media mogul, Dele Momodu; head of the jury for BON, Niran Adedokun; Teju Ajayi; Hon Shina Peller; Wale Ojo-Lanre; Femi Akintunde Johnson; ValueJet representative, Temitope Ajijola and others.
Set to host this year’s edition of the awards are Debo Macaroni and Tana Adelana.
Erelu Fayemi, Peller, Momodu, Others To Unveil 2020 BON Awards Nominees
The first lady of Ekiti State, Erelu Bisi Fayemi, will be joined by others in unveiling the Best of Nollywood Awards’ nominees for the 2020 edition of the traveling and pan-Nigeria Nollywood industry awards.
The special unveiling event, which would be held via the Zoom platform, will be taking place tomorrow, November 15, 2020.
As the wife of Ekiti State governor and president of African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF), Erelu Bisi Fayemi, who also doubles as the host for the awards as scheduled to hold in the state come December 5, 2020, unveils the nominees for the Film of the Year, the CEO and publisher of Ovation International, Dele Momodu, has been confirmed to announce the Revelation of the Year award’s nominees.
Others include the chairman of the Aquila group of companies and Lawmaker, Hon. Shina Peller, who is saddled with the Director of the Year award’s nominees, the Ekiti State Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Tourism, Professor Rasaki Ojo Bakare will be announcing Actress of the Year, while a consultant at Valuejet, Temitope Ajijola, has been penned down with the Actor of the Year award.
Other personalities expected at the event include the Director-General of Ekiti State Council for Arts and Culture, Ambassador Wale Ojo-Lanre, and the best-selling author, Niran Adedokun to mention a few.
The founder of the award event, Seun Oloketuyi, revealed that this year’s edition is an iconic one as it is an opportunity to remember those who have contributed immensely to the growth of the industry, aside from awarding actors, producers, and directors for their works in the previous year.
BON has over the years taken Nollywood industry players and stakeholders on annual excursions to different states in Nigeria to celebrate the industry and award deserving stakeholders and Ekiti State, which boasts of the top 10 tourist centers in Nigeria, would be hosting the 12th edition.
BIG STORY7 hours ago
#EndSARS: CNN Dares Nigerian Govt, Releases Second Report On Lekki Shootings [VIDEO]
BIG STORY24 hours ago
BREAKING: Gunmen Kidnap Nigerian Minister’s Brother In Kano
BIG STORY1 day ago
Fidelity Bank CEO, Nnamdi Okonkwo Emerges Banker of the Year
BIG STORY12 hours ago
Nigerian Travellers To Pay $15,000 Visa Bond As Trump Introduces New Policy
BIG STORY1 day ago
JUST IN: APC Drags Lagos-East PDP Senatorial Candidate Babatunde Gbadamosi To Court Over Perjury, Certificate Falsification
BIG STORY12 hours ago
#EndSARS: UK Lawmakers Slam Buhari Regime; Demand Visa Ban, Freezing Of Assets, Other Sanctions On Nigerian Officials