Connect with us

BIG STORY

Robber Swallows Lady’s Wedding Ring In Oshodi

Avatar

Published

on

A traffic robber who swallowed her victim’s wedding ring after threatening to kill her along with three other suspected traffic robbers were on Friday arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Command in Oshodi and CMS part of the metropolis. 

The ring swallowing suspect, Taofeek Adebayo, 19, along with an accomplice, Toheeb Tijani, 20 were arrested in Oshodi – Oke shortly after dispossessing two ladies occupying a grey Sienna bus of a gold earring and a set of wedding rings. 

The two other suspects, Samson Oluwa, 20 and Michael Amodu Adamu, 22, were arrested in an all-night sting operation in CMS. 

Taofeek Adebayo in the company of his gang had on Friday pleaded with two gorgeously dressed ladies in a Sienna to assist them with money for food in traffic. The two ladies extended a N100 note to them, which the suspects instantly rejected.

According to the driver of the Sienna, who pleaded for anonymity, “my colleague and I were coming from Anthony and heading to Ilasa for our association’s meeting. Three of them (pointing to the suspects) came near our vehicle. There was traffic and we could not turn anywhere. We were scared. They said we should give them money for food. I reach out to my colleague to give me money.

She gave me N100 which I gave them. They rejected it. One of them said, ‘eleyi ki I se owo ti wa’. I told them this is what I have. One of them pulled my left ear and removed my earring”. 

She continued, “two of them turned to the other side of my vehicle. They threatened to waste us if we don’t give them money. ‘Where is the money’, they screamed at us. In a hurry to leave our car, they forced my friend to surrender her wedding ring.

This yellow guy (pointing to Adebayo) took the first one and swallowed it in our presence. His colleague took the other one”.

When interrogated, Adebayo disclosed, “I swallowed it but I have vomited it and handed it over to Young Boy is the third guy when police were chasing us. I told him to hand over the rings to the ladies so that the police can release us but he absconded with the two rings and earring”.

His accomplice, Toheed Tijani, who sources said was on the watch list of the police for snatching a mobile phone from a commuter in traffic earlier in the day stated, ‘I have released the phone to the LASTMA officials standing in Oshodi Oke. They told me that RRS officers were looking for me to arrest me”.

The two other suspected traffic robbers were arrested around Friday midnight when they were robbing a stranded motorist around CMS, Lagos.
Commenting on the development, the Commissioner of Police, Muazu Zubairu stated that the police would not relent on its efforts towards making Lagos safe for law abiding citizens.

He directed that the suspects be transferred to Makinde Police Division, Oshodi, and SCID, Yaba.

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Heavily Armed Thugs Attack Kwankwaso In Kano, 8 Persons Critically Injured

Avatar

Published

on

Former Governor of Kano State and the immediate past Senator representing Kano Central, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, was attacked by thugs who are yet to be identified in Kano, Monday.

The attack, which followed the former governor’s visit to his hometown, Madobi where he had gone to open a midwifery school, was said to have been carried out around the state underpass.

Eight persons were said to have been critically injured while several cars were damaged beyond recognition.

However, Hajiya Binta Sipikin, Kwankwaso’s media aide, linked the attack to thugs loyal to Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.

She said, “This attack was preplanned because we were told that heavy-armed thugs were waiting under the bridge to attack us when we were coming from Madobi.

“We believe Ganduje was behind this attack because we heard one of his aide names being mentioned during the attack.”

She noted that scores of their members were seriously injured and currently receiving medical attention in various clinics including the International Hospital while 10 vehicles destroyed and personal items carted away by political thugs believed to have been sponsored by the Kano State Government at Sharada Panshekara Sabon Titi bridge.

However, one of the Governor’s top aides, who pleaded not to be named, denied being behind the attack on Kwankwaso’s convoy.

He alleged that the attack was an internal wrangling between the Kwankwasiyya members who were apparently tired of their boss, Kwankwaso.

He said, “The attack was a misunderstanding between the Kwankwasiyya members, who accused Kwankwaso of betraying their trust by after them for his personal gains.”

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Saraki’s Houses In Ikoyi

Avatar

Published

on

A federal high court sitting in Lagos has ordered the temporary forfeiture of two properties of Bukola Saraki, former senate president, in the Ikoyi area of Lagos state.

Nnaemeka Omewa, a counsel of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC), had approached the court, seeking an order of interim forfeiture of the properties located at 17A McDonald Road, Ikoyi, Eti Osa local government area of Lagos.

He had told the court that they were acquired through “proceeds of unlawful activities”.

Part of the reliefs sought by the EFCC included “An order of this honourable Court forfeiting to the Federal Government of Nigeria landed property with appurtenances situate, lying and known as No. 17A McDonald Road, Ikoyi, Eti Osa Local Government Area of Lagos State found and recovered from the respondent which property is reasonably suspected to have been acquired with proceeds of unlawful activity”.

The commission alleged that while serving as governor of Kwara state, Saraki withdrew over N12 billion cash from the account of the Kwara government and paid the same into his accounts domiciled in Access and Zenith Banks through one of his personal assistant, Abdul Adama.

Delivering ruling on the application, Mohammed Liman, the presiding judge, ordered interim forfeiture of the two properties.

He also instructed that the EFCC should publish the order in a national newspaper within 14 days, for anyone with interest in the properties to show cause, why they should not be finally forfeited to the federal government.

The federal government had arraigned Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) while he was the nation’s number three citizen.

He was accused of failing to declare his assets, an allegation he denied, alleging that he was being witch-hunted.

The supreme court subsequently dismissed the false assets declaration trial.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

BREAKING: Court Takes A Second Look At Sowore’s Bail Condition, Waives N50m Security Deposit

Avatar

Published

on

A Federal High Court in Abuja has agreed to the request by the convener of #RevolutionNow, Omoyele Sowore and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare for the variation of the conditions attached to the bail earlier granted them.

The court had on October 4 this year granted them bail on certain conditions, which they considered stringent and which they could not meet, prompting them to apply to the court for variation.

In a ruling on Monday, Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu waived the earlier requirement that one of Sowore’s deposits N50million as security and reduced the amount attached to Bakare’s bail from N50m to N30m.

Justice Ojukwu said all other conditions should remain. She said the decision to restrain the defendants from participating in rallies was in order in view of the nature of the case.

She adjourned till November 6 for the commencement of trial in the case, in which Sowore and Bakare are charged with among others, a treasonable felony.

The judge in a ruling on October 4, 2019, granted Sowore bail at N100million and two sureties in the same amount and barred him from travelling out of Abuja.

Justice Ojukwu ordered one of Sowore’s surety to deposit N50m in the account of the court as security.

She granted Bakare bail at N50m with a surety in the same amount and barred him from traveling out of his base in Osogbo, except while coming for the trial in Abuja.

The judge added that the sureties, who must be resident in Abuja, must also have landed assets worth the bail sum in Abuja, and should deposit the original title documents of the assets with the court.

Justice Ojukwu ordered that the defendants be remanded in the custody of the Department of State Service (DSS) pending when they are able to meet the bail conditions.

Continue Reading

Most Popular