The third edition of the Delta State Principals’ Cup being organized for all secondary schools in the State and sponsored by Zenith Bank Plc starts next week.
According to the organizers, the preliminaries of the revived annual ‘catch-them-young’ initiative will kick-off on October 31, 2018.
The competition which was grounded for many years is back courtesy of sponsorship by Zenith Bank Plc and over 1,200 private secondary schools and 446 public government secondary schools in the state are competing in this edition.
On November 1, 2018, the preliminaries will start in all 25 Local Governments of Delta State and registered schools would compete to emerge the group stage representative from their Local Government Areas.
Commissioner for Basic and Secondary Education in Delta State, Mr. Chiedu Ebie, is expected to play a supervisory role to ensure the smooth running of the competition, which is very dear to the heart of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.
Group Managing Director of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Peter Amangbo, has assured that this year’s competition would be an improvement on the last edition.
Amangbo also stated that Zenith Bank was always elated to contribute to the development of Nigerians youths by supporting various endeavors across the country.
“This is a youth football competition, but our impact goes beyond just football. We are also involved in other sports in a bid to continually identify talents for the country, while also engaging Nigerian youths positively in their various areas of competence”.
“We are going to make this edition better because improvements must be recorded as we move on. So far, we are proud of this partnership with the Delta State Government and we expect all the participants to enjoy themselves.” Amangbo said.
A media conference to start the competition is scheduled to take place on Monday, October 29th, 2018 at Asaba, Delta State.
Amaju Pinnick In Trouble As FG Slams N4bn, $8,400 Fraud Charges On NFF President
The Federal Government has charged the President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick and four others with alleged misappropriation of $8,400 belonging to the football body.
In a 17-count charge, marked FHC/ABJ/CR/93/2019, filed before the Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday, the money was said to have been paid by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) to the NFF as appearance fees in the group state of the Russia 2018 World Cup.
Named with Pinnick in the charge, are NFF Secretary, Sunusi Mohammed; the 1st Vice-President, Seyi Akinwumi; the 2nd Vice-President, Shehu Dikko and an Executive member, Yusuff Fresh.
The defendants were also accused of “moving dishonestly and intentionally the sum of about N4bn” belonging to the NFF without the consent of the NFF.
The five are also accused, in the charge filed by the Special Presidential Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property (SPIP), led by Okoi Obono-Obla, of failing and neglecting to declare their assets.
AFCON 2019: Nigeria Draws Guinea, Madagascar, Burundi [Full Fixtures]
The Super Eagles of Nigeria have been drawn against Guinea, Madagascar, and Burundi in Group B of the African Cup of Nations, Egypt 2019.
The Gernot Rohr lads will begin their campaign at the the championship they won in South Africa i. 2013 against Burundi in the group opener.
In other groups, host Egypt will battle DR Congo, Uganda and Zimbabwe in Group A, former champions Senegal and Algeria will have Kenya and giant killers Tanzania to slug it with in Group C.
Morocco, Cote d’Ivoire South Africa and Namibia were drawn in Group D which tagged as the competition Group of Death.
North African champions, Tunisia, Mali, Mauritania and Angola are up for Group E qualifying tickets.
Cameroon will also have Ghana, Benin and Guinea-Bissau to contend with Group F of the tournament.
Give Me £500,000-A-Week And I’ll Snub Real Madrid —- Pogba Tells Man Utd
Manchester United are reportedly ready to open talks with Paul Pogba over a new contract, the UK Sun reports.
But the French midfielder is going to test Old Trafford chiefs desire to keep him, by demanding a total wage packet of £500,000-a-week.
It is believed Pogba wants parity as the club’s highest paid player with Alexis Sanchez, as the eye-watering deal handed to Sanchez 15 months ago, is coming back to bite executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward once again.
Sanchez’s huge contract has changed the game at United, especially given the struggles suffered by the South American since joining last January.
Pogba’s demands will be strengthened by public admissions from Real Madrid boss, Zinedine Zidane, that he would like his compatriot at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Pogba has two years left on his current £300,000-a-week deal, with a further 12-month option.