Connect with us

BIG STORY

Confusion In Ogun APC As Dapo Abiodun, Akinlade Emerges Candidates Fron Parallel Governorship Primaries

Published

on

Two candidates – Dapo Abiodun and Adekunle Akinlade – have emerged from parallel primaries of the All Progressives Congress in Ogun State.

Both candidates emerged on Wednesday, with the State Government and the National Working Committee of the party declaring different winners.

While the State Government declared Akinlade as the party’s candidate, the NWC said Abiodun won the primaries.

Muhammad Ndabawa, who led the Electoral Committee members sent by the NWC to oversee the primaries, declared that Abiodun, who hails from Ogun East Senatorial District, scored 102,305 votes across the 236 wards and 20 Local Government Areas of the state to emerge the candidate.

Jimi Lawal was said to have scored 51,153 votes; Abimbola Ashiru, 29,764; Senator Gbenga Kaka, 17,771; Abayomi Hunye, 9,110; and Akinlade, 23,443 votes.

While announcing on Wednesday the outcome of the primaries held on Tuesday, and conducted by Governor Ibikunle Amosun, the state APC Chairman, Chief Derin Odebiyi, declared Akinlade as the winner.

Adebiyi said the NWC panel had been compromised, hence the decision to go ahead with the primaries.

Adebiyi said: “The Committee was here and they were emphatic, after cancelling the exercise twice, that the election would hold yesterday, this is after we submitted names of local committee and venues in obedience to the guideline.

“Yesterday morning, they still agreed that the primary would hold and we mobilised to our different wards but we waited endlessly as the phone numbers of committee members were switched off and electoral materials not available.

“Up till now, we don’t know the whereabouts of the committee and we have not seen them at the party secretariat. They’ve been heavily and highly compromised.

“The guideline is straight and unambiguous, it is open secret ballot which is Option A4 but they said they brought ballot papers from Abuja, in a direct primary?
To do what?

“The governorship primaries were conducted and monitored by relevant agencies.”

BIG STORY

“Nigerian Elections Postponement, Divine”, Apostle Suleman’s Prophecy Confirmed

Published

on

Popular Nigerian pastor, Apostle Johnson Suleman, has said that the sudden postponement by the INEC of the general general elections was divinely mandated.

Suleman was reacting to the eleventh hour shifting of the presidential and national assembly elections which ought to have taken place on Saturday, February 16, 2019. The INEC, after an emergency meeting with stakeholders, also shifted the governorship and house of assembly elections earlier billed for March 2 to March 9, 2019.

In a two-minutes video going viral on the social media, Suleman, who said the postponement of the elections did confirm the message he received on January 10, 2019 and relayed to his congregation and the public via the video that the conduct of the 2019 general elections was shaky.

In the said video clip, he Edo State born General Overseer of Omega Fire Ministries (OFM), is seeing telling his audience that; “You will be shocked. They will fight themselves. They will be against themselves. They will shame themselves. Can I surprise you; if we do not pray well, I don’t see election. i saw a date that was shifted if we don’t pray. They will give you reasons; there was security threat, there was violence, and because of these we are moving the elections forward. It is just a scam.”

Speaking, Apostle Suleman warned that election should not be turned to war as it must be seen to be free, fair and acceptable to every Nigerian, irrespective of tribe and political leanings. “Unless the authorities do the needful in a way that conforms with what God’s rules, God is not finished with Nigeria yet,’ states Apostle Suleman.

See video below;

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

JUST IN: CCT Grants Suspended CJN, Justice Onnoghen Bail As He Pleads Not Guilty To Charges

Peter Okunoren

Published

on

The Code of Conduct Tribunal, Friday granted the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, bail on self-recognition and, adjourned to March 11, for hearing of all pending applications.

This development followed an oral bail application made by the defence counsel, Chris Uche, SAN, after Onnoghen pleaded not guilty to the six count-charge preferred against him by the complainant – the Federal Government of Nigeria.

The six count-charge were subsumed that aside allegation that he failed to disclose his assets as prescribed by law, FG, in the charge that was filed by the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, equally accused the CJN of operating foreign bank accounts.

It also alleged that contrary to relevant laws regulating the conduct of public office holders, the CJN, maintained a domiciliary foreign currencies account that comprised use of Dollars Account, Pound Sterling Account and Euro Account.

However, before the tribunal proceeded with the matter, Uche pleaded that the order or warrant of arrest slammed against his client be vacated.

In his words, “We are here for the arraignment but before the tribunal proceeds, it will be recalled that there are applications pending.

“It was the view by way of the majority decision of this tribunal that the defendant must appear.

“And here is the defendant. But may I plead that the order of the bench warrant be discharged before proceedings “.

In reaction, the tribunal chairman, Danladi Umar conveyed approval but said it would be on the condition that the CJN makes himself available whenever needed.

Also, after the vacation of the order of warrant of arrest and Onnoghen pleaded not guilty to the aforesaid charges, Uche, again rose to apply for an adjournment over which the prosecuting counsel, Musa Ibrahim did not object.

On this premise, the tribunal chairman acceded to the application and adjourned the case to March 11, for hearing of all pending applications.

Continue Reading

BIG STORY

Nnamdi Kanu Calls Off Election Boycott, Asks Igbo To Vote En Masse On Saturday

Published

on

Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has called off the election boycott in the south-east region of the country.

In an audio message made by the IPOB leader, Kanu also asked the Igbo to come out in their numbers and vote during Saturday’s presidential election.

Kanu had been calling on the Igbo to boycott any election held in Nigeria until the government agrees to a referendum regarding IPOB’s quest for a sovereign state of Biafra.

On Wednesday, just two days ago, he told BBC Igbo that IPOB will ‘shut down’ the south-east and ensure voting does not take place in the area.

In the broadcast obtained Thursday night, Kanu said unnamed individuals have met the demands given by the group before any election could be held in the south-east.

He said: “Earlier today, February 14, 2019, I received confirmation from our team that all of our pre-conditions played before those kicking off to call off the elections have been met. And in view of that, I hereby lift the boycott of elections.

“IPOB was very steadfast, we have fought a very good battle; we have made it very clear to all and sundry that we are very determined and this is victory for IPOB and for the emancipation of Biafra.”

Kanu expressed hope that those who agreed to the group’s demands will implement them.

He asked the Igbo to spread the “good news” but added the group’s resolve remains the same: a sovereign state of Biafra.

“We said it from the beginning, nobody should expect us to participate in any form of elections unless our demands are met. And I am glad to tell you that they have acceded to our demands and it will be fully implemented,” he said.

“I therefore ask each and everyone of you to take this good news to all our towns and villages that the boycott has been lifted. And we will all go about on the 16th of February to discharge whatever duties we have or whatever beliefs … for groups and individuals.

“Never again will they take IPOB for granted, and never again will people underrate our resolve. We have showed it to them and we shall continue to demonstrate it until Biafra republic is restored. I thank you very much and may God be with you.”

It is not clear who the IPOB leader is rooting for in Saturday’s presidential election.

But it is obvious neither of the two front line candidates – President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) – has his support.

While he claims Buhari is “dead” and being replaced by a “clone” in Aso Rock, he says Abubakar is a Cameroonian by birth and does not have the constitutional right to run for president.

Continue Reading

Most Popular