The Director General of the Department of State Service, Lawam Daura, on Thursday kept Prince Kassim Afegbua, the spokesman of former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, waiting for about seven hours without keeping the appointment scheduled with him.
Daura had invited Afegbua for an interview at 11am on Thursday but was not in the office until 6:55pm when he left the DSS headquarters in Abuja with his lead lawyer, Dr. Kayode Ajulo.
Daura was said to have gone for a State function.
Afegbua is now expected to report at the Yellow House on Friday at 11am.
He was invited by the secret police for questioning on Wednesday night, hours after he was questioned by the police and released.
Both invitations were because of a statement he signed on behalf of Babangida.
Afegbua in company with his lawyers, including the lead counsel, Dr. Ajulo, arrived the DDS headquarters around 12pm and subsequently left at 6:55pm.
Whilst in the premises, the visitors were kept in the DG’s waiting room but not without an extension of kind and hospitable gesture from their host.
They were served with cold drinks and food of their choice under a comfortable and friendly atmosphere.
Afegbua, a devoted Muslim, missed his 2 o’clock prayers though, but later spoke to his host that he needed to observe his prayers by 4pm and his request was accordingly granted.
Ajulo, when contacted, said: “There is no cause for alarm.
“I had said my client will be here today and that promise had been kept.
“My client has records of showing respect for constituted authority.
“We’ve been asked to come tomorrow (February 9, 2018) around 11am.
“Thats all I can say for now.
“I don’t want to preempt the outcome of tomorrow’s meeting.”
The erudite lawyer further stated that his letter requesting for the reason for the verbal invitation from the DSS is still subsisting and that his client is yet to be formally informed about the motive of the invitation.
He stated that all these concerns needed to be addressed.
One-Hour Sex Tape Played In Lagos Court Over Refusal Of Ex-Lover To Pay Back N15m Loan
Proceedings in an Ikeja High Court took an unusual dimension on Monday when an excerpt of a sex video tape between a married father of three and his ex-lover was played in the courtroom.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the father of three, Peter Omokaro, is an ex-banker, while his ex-lover, Titilayo Nosa-Igiebor, is a businesswoman.
Omokaro who is in his early 60s had sued Nosa-Igiebor, 33, over her non-payment of an alleged N15 million loan he gave her during their relationship.
The tape was played when Mr Victor Okpara, counsel to Nosa-Igiebor led her in evidence.
The video which played for more than an hour showed Omokaro and Nosa-Igiebor lying in bed in a hotel room, agreeing to the terms of the ‘loan’ before engaging in sexual intercourse.
Omokaro could be heard in the video, before signing the agreement, saying: “I hope I am not signing my death warrant.”
He was also heard telling Nosa-Igiebor that he had no intention of getting the loan back.
The defendant’s counsel tendered a copy of the loan agreement in evidence.
The counsel told the court that Clause Five of the agreement exempted Nosa-Igiebor from repaying the alleged loan because of their sexual relationship.
NAN reports that Clause Five of the agreement, which pertains to waiver of rights, states: “Peter forever waives all rights to loan payback, forfeiting totally loan given if Titilayo agrees to and has sexual intercourse with Peter.”
Earlier in her evidence, the defendant told the court that Omokaro never gave her the N15 million although he promised to give her without collecting it back.
The businesswoman testified that Omokaro became vindictive after their relationship turned sour.
She told the court that the ex-banker intended to punish her for the soured relationship by taking her to court.
While being cross-examined by Mr Jerry Omoregbe, counsel to Omokaro, the defendant testified that besides being Omokaro’s lover, she had a business relationship with him through her company, Tilimanjaro Nig. Ltd. and Nichole Integrated Ltd. (Omokaro’s company).
“Tilimanjaro was my first company. I had no prior experience; I was still setting up at the time. I went to meet Peter, my boyfriend at the time, to assist me in giving my brother, Ahmed, money for aviation school.
“Peter, my boyfriend, said that he would give me the money as a gift and that we should draft an agreement so that my brother could see that it was serious and take his schooling serious.
“He invited me to the hotel as shown in the video. He agreed that I should make the agreement, and I drafted the agreement in my letterhead. The agreement was between Peter Imafidon Omokaro and Titilayo Nosa-Igiebor.
“The friendly loan was never given to me. That agreement was signed on May 15, 2011, which was a Tuesday. He said he would pay the money into my brother’s account on Thursday but he never did,” she said.
Justice Raliatu Adebiyi adjourned the case until Feb. 20, 2019, for adoption of written addresses.
NAN reports that Omokaro had accused Nosa-Igiebor of stealing his Toyota Venza 2010 model with registration number CT370FKJ valued at N2 million as well as N106 million.
Nosa-Igiebor was initially arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court in Lagos in April 2012 and remanded at the Kirikiri Prisons following her failure to meet her bail conditions.
The former lovers later agreed to settle their dispute out of court, with Nosa-Igiebor returning the car and other property given to her by Omokaro during their relationship.
However, Omokaro instituted a civil suit against Nosa-Igiebor before an Ikeja High Court following her failure to refund the alleged N15 million loan.
ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Today
There are indications that members of Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), in the country will begin a nationwide strike tomorrow.
A statement issued and signed by the President of the Union, Usman Dutse which was made available to the Nation in Port Harcourt the Rivers state capital on Monday said the resolution was reach at ASUP 93rd National Executive Council(NEC), meeting held in Yaba college of Technology, Lagos State last month.
The action is apparently in continuation of last year suspended strike by ASUP, to drive home the 10-point demand of the group.
Dutse who said that the failure of the Federal Government and the Minister of Education led by Alhj. Adamu Adamu to comply with the agreements reached between the group and the FG, through the minister last year was reason for the planned resumed industrial action, hinted that the action will be total and indefinite until all the demands of the group are met.
He said, “It is in view of our union that the government has at beat paid lip service towards the solution of the issues that Led to the previous strike actions, leaving the union with no other alternative than to resume the suspended strike action.
“I am therefore directed to communicate the resolution of NEC of our union to the effect that our member’s nationwide shall be withdrawing their services from December 12, 2018 in a comprehensive and total strike, until the issues are satisfactorily addressed.” he stated.
Some the issues listed are the non-implementation of NEED ASSESSMENT report of 2014, as agreed with the minister at the meeting of October 2017, lack of seriousness in the renegotiation if the Union’s 2010 agreement.
“Non release of arrears of CONTISS 15, migration arrears for the lower cadre. Non release of arrears of promotions and shortfalls in personnel releases as well as nonpayment of allowances.”
Presidency To Obasanjo: Your Atiku Will Be Defeated Comprehensively
The Federal Government says though it is the constitutional right of the former President Olusegun Obasanjo to support a candidate for an election, his endorsement does not guarantee victory.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who spoke on behalf of the government on Monday in Abuja, said Obasanjo’s candidate for the presidential election, Atiku Abubakar “will be defeated roundly and comprehensively’’.
“With due respect to former President Obasanjo, it is his constitutional right to support any candidate of his choice and we urge him to go out and campaign vigorously for any candidate he wants to support.
“He has not hidden his preference for the PDP candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, and we wish him very best of luck.
“However, I want to assure you that his candidate will be defeated roundly and comprehensively. It is not about endorsement, endorsement does not win election,’’ he said.
The minister also responded to a statement credited to the former President that, “only a fool will sit on the fence when his or her country is being destroyed with incompetence, corruption lack of focus, insecurity nepotism and brazen impunity’’.
Mohammed said he held Obasanjo in high esteem and probably he was not properly briefed on the development in the country to have made such conclusions,.
“The facts are all there that this government has done more than any other governments in three and half years.
On corruption, the minister said that the government had put in place institutional reforms which had confirmed its sincerity and commitment to fighting the menace.
“It is not about putting people in Jail but what are the things put in place to address this endemic problem.
“Take the example of Treasury Single Account TSA, which was not initiated by this government. It is only the Buhari administration that has the political will to implement it.
“Before we came in, there were over 22,000 government accounts in various banks.
“Since we came, we reduced it to one account and from 2015 to date N8.9 trillion has passed through the TSA which is as a result of transparency and accountability,’’ he said.
The minister said that even with lean resources, the Buhari administration had spent more on infrastructure than the 16 years of the PDP administration.
He said there was no state in the country without one or two infrastructure development being embarked upon by the federal government.
The minister said the Administration had commissioned the Abuja to Kaduna standard rail gauge while the 156 km Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge would be ready for commissioning in March next year.
He said the government had made fund available for five critical infrastructure projects including the Mambilla power project, the East-West Road, the second Niger Bridge, the Abuja – Kano and Abuja-Lokoja-Okenne highways.
Mohammed said the efforts of the administration in diversifying the economy away from oil had yielded fruits with achievement recorded in agriculture, particularly in rice production and solid mineral sectors.
On power supply, the minister said the administration had improved on generation, transmission and distribution than it met them in 2015, while Nigerians are benefiting from its numerous social investment programmes. (NAN)
BIG STORY16 hours ago
One-Hour Sex Tape Played In Lagos Court Over Refusal Of Ex-Lover To Pay Back N15m Loan
BIG STORY2 days ago
Fuel Crisis Looms as Marketers Order Depots’ Shutdown
FASHION2 days ago
BIG STORY2 days ago
A’Ibom 2019: Plot To Tag Gov Udom’s Aides As cultists Thickens
Uncategorized2 days ago
Ladies of the Order of Knights of St. Mulumba, provides medical service equipment to aid healthcare delivery in Lagos State”
POLITICS18 hours ago
Atiku, Obi, Secondus, Saraki, Dogara; Families & Associates Listed For Arrest — PDP